Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Wreckless Driving ticket in Virginia Beach

Old 07-11-2004, 11:54 AM
wtgvr4me03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wtgvr4me03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wreckless Driving ticket in Virginia Beach

I’m doing 50-55 mph in a 50mph zone. My friend in a eclipse is behind me, he slows down to about 20 mph for a little while. I continue at the same speed. All the sudden he comes flying up beside me and slams his brakes on as he saw the cop off the median. The cop pulls out and I think man is he screwed, to my surprise the cop pulls us both over. Keep in mind that I NEVER went above 55mph at any point. The cop goes to my friends car first, then comes up to my car and asks for license and registration and I’m in shock at this point. I proceed to very politely ask the officer what I did, he then tells me at I was going 80 mph in 50 zone!! I about fell out the window!! I try to explain that I never accelerated and was going 50-55mph the entire time. He just takes my paperwork and heads back to his car. After several minutes he comes back and hands me a 81mph in a posted 50mph zone wreckless driving ticket. I again try to explain that he couldn’t have clocked my car at that speed. He tells me a have 10 seconds to sign the ticket or he will take me to jail. I take the ticket from him and start to read it. He gets very upset and says” So you think I’m playing games here sign the ticket or you are going to jail right now.” So I sign the ticket and ask if I could see the radar. He says I will see you in court you are free to go. Then I find out he only wrote my buddy for going 74mph and didn’t write wreckless on his ticket! So he has the option of just paying the speeding fine and walking away for it, while I have to go to court when I didn’t even do the crime here. I just finished putting in my new rebuilt motor last week and have not even had my car to 80 mph yet period. My guess here is that when my friend came flying up beside me the cop had the radar on him and thought it was me both car are white. Although you would think it would be pretty easy to tell the difference between a white galant vr4 and a 1gen eclipse. So at this point I will need to hire a lawyer. Please share with me any advise you guys have. I may have to give the vr4 up over this and I didn’t even do anything. Sorry for such a long post.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:10 PM
fi istaylo
things that go pssst

fi istaylo has disabled reputation
Default Re: Wreckless Driving ticket in Virginia Beach

eh...thats what you get for havin stupid friends i guess
Old 07-11-2004, 12:18 PM
ONEFLYAZN
Registered member

ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN ONEFLYAZN

yea stupid stupid friends, id fuckin make his dumb as go to court with me and admit to the judge that he was the one speeding and not me...
Old 07-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Reyke

Reyke has disabled reputation

dude let me tell you from personal experience that you better get all your shit together for this, VB will personally fuck you over on traffic tickets, I have had my own personal experiences over this, what you need to do is get as much paper work as possible on everything, like your driving record(especially if it is good), if you have any data recording devices on your car, hell even the engine work done is a good point, becuase any mechanic knows you have to take it easy. Then get your friend to testify for you that he was the one being an ass and not you. I'm telling in my several dealings with VBPD, NPD, NNPD, PPD, and others, that virginia will do thier best to screw you over, and wreckless driving in Virginia can and will carry serious consequences. Lastly do yourself a favor and get a lawyer.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:22 PM
MAsshole
Mermaider

MAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these parts

yeah, if he is a true friend he needs to tell the judge the deal. good luck.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:31 PM
wtgvr4me03

I am going to get a lawyer for sure. My friend wants to get a lawyer together and split the cost. I don't know if this is a very good idea though. He said he will be my witness that I was not speeding at all. Although I don't know how much good that would do.
Old 07-11-2004, 12:36 PM
Tarzan Bakerada
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

no one cares.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:10 PM
TYPE JDM
Woah,was that Vtec?

TYPE JDM TYPE JDM TYPE JDM TYPE JDM TYPE JDM TYPE JDM TYPE JDM TYPE JDM TYPE JDM TYPE JDM TYPE JDM

You better get a court apointed lawyer its real cheap because I hired Lawrence Cardon Associate of Pete Decker for $1000 and it did not solve a damn thing. I was on my way to drop off my daughter at the baby sitter one day when I got pulled over for supposedly "Racing" when I was not. He said he heard loud pipes and that I was racing a motorcycle.
The bad part about it is that my license plate at the time read "LETS RCE"
Use your money wisely get a court apointed lawyer. I should have.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:17 PM
wtgvr4me03

I really don't want to pay for a lawyer, but feel it will be in my best interest at this point. Someone suggested finding out if the police unit had a camera on it. Which would clear me 100% if it did have one running during this. Although I don't think they turn the camera on until they are actually pulling you over correct?
Old 07-11-2004, 01:45 PM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

you broke the law, deal with it.

Advice:

Get a lawyer and a tube of KY

Quick Reply: Wreckless Driving ticket in Virginia Beach