Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Noob here

Old 07-25-2004, 02:18 PM
fastfoci5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fastfoci5 has disabled reputation
Default Noob here

wussup, Newb here! Not a newb to cars tho. I do have a question for you all. I am about to buy a 97 civic hatch for another car to just turn it into a nice sleeper. I have $6k left over. My goal is to run low to mid 12's w/ turbo. I was wondering if you could point me the right way as to should I spend the money on a motor swap and start to build up the engine or should I start buying bolt-ons here and there? any help is appreciated!!

by the way this is my first honda so I really don't know what the good brands are to get.
thanks

shawn

Last edited by fastfoci5; 07-25-2004 at 02:20 PM. Reason: change info
Old 07-25-2004, 02:26 PM
civic duty
Registered Member

civic duty has disabled reputation
Default Re: Noob here

Welcome to the board.

From what you have told us, your best bet would be to buy your swap(after determining what motor to run with) and then start building your turbo set-up. It would be wasteful to spend money on the stock d-series if your plan is to swap it later. Map out a plan and execute it.

If you are anxious to buy things for the car, suspension is a great place to start, more than likely you wont have to change your suspension set-up with your new motor set-up(if you buy quality parts)

www.honda-tech.com is a great site, but dont ask any questions there yet, just search, search, search. Go to the Hybrid section, the F/I section and the Civic room, and just learn before doing anything..

Last edited by civic duty; 07-25-2004 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:32 PM
BlackZX3
Synthol Junkie

BlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these partsBlackZX3 is infamous around these parts

Are you on www.focusfanatics.com
Old 07-25-2004, 02:37 PM
fastfoci5

fastfoci5 has disabled reputation

civic duty- Thanks for the help
blackzx3- yea I am-same name too
Old 07-25-2004, 03:25 PM
NighthawkSI
Haaahhhh.

NighthawkSI is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome.

as for your car, swap a B20(can be had for $800), build it and boost it.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:36 PM
ForcedFedTeg
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

theres a guy on this board selling a k20 motor with a turbo kit on it for less than what you are looking to spend. $5000 i think.

you can have something fast and unique that way. just my .02
Old 07-26-2004, 04:50 PM
Smut Peddler

Smut Peddler has disabled reputation

I'll get you started, well on your way to 12 seconds. Give me 2 grand and I'll give you this d series turbo kit.

another 2 will get your shit tuned to the tenth of a degree, a head gasket, and a y8 swap. add another grand for slicks and some nice axels/clutch......call it a day
Old 07-26-2004, 05:26 PM
silent_thoughts
the mod with the bod

silent_thoughts has disabled reputation

if u were going to turbo a b20 youd have to sleeve the block and all that stuff..youd be better off just getting a ls and turboing that...its about the same price
Old 07-26-2004, 05:49 PM
Hayashi
Banned

Hayashi is an unknown quantity at this point

i thought you wern't a noob too cars.. because if you wern't.. then you should already know the answer to these questions.
Old 07-26-2004, 06:05 PM
mark0
Registered Member

mark0 has disabled reputation

maybe he's looking for shops around here to do the swap/buy the motor or something?

Quick Reply: Noob here