Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

B series crank pulley?

Old 08-23-2004, 07:30 PM
rsdancel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rsdancel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default B series crank pulley?

ive got a 96 gsr, need to replace the crank pully, was wondering if i could use one from 96 ls motor. thanx ahead of time for any info
Old 08-23-2004, 09:02 PM
hatch77
Cruising @ 8000ft

hatch77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: B series crank pulley?

Originally Posted by rsdancel
ive got a 96 gsr, need to replace the crank pully, was wondering if i could use one from 96 ls motor. thanx ahead of time for any info
yes, the engine is internally balanced so it won't be any big deal. The pully should slide right on and bolt up the crank.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:56 AM
S dot Camp
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Yes you can use it. They are the same.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:05 PM
B16ASilverHonda
FredVegas

B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about

get a CTR pulley its lightwieght and utilizes one belt. thats if you dont have p/s or a/c
Old 08-24-2004, 01:28 PM
S dot Camp
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by B16ASilverHonda
get a CTR pulley its lightwieght and utilizes one belt. thats if you dont have p/s or a/c
Stupid idea. The CTR pulley is a non dampened unit that will throw the balance of the rotating mass off. For a race car, sure. For a daily driver, I would say no. All it will do is cause premature wear of the main bearings.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:39 PM
sk8rmike
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by Campachino
Stupid idea. The CTR pulley is a non dampened unit that will throw the balance of the rotating mass off. For a race car, sure. For a daily driver, I would say no. All it will do is cause premature wear of the main bearings.
exactly, just like all the one piece crank pulleys you see for sale everywhere. they are garbage. there is rubber in the stock crank pulley for a REASON.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:16 PM
PoS hYbRiD
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Campachino
All it will do is cause premature wear of the main bearings.
After 26k miles of having a CTR pully installed before we even swapped the motor , it was a jdm b16 , so you know the chances are rare that it had worn bearings in the first place, but anyways we had a slight knock and i mean slight on the bottom end so my boy opted to do pistons , rings , rods , and bearings .... After taking it apart i was very surprised at the wear of the bearings the wear was uneven and diff on each bearing , and chuck told me the crank was 100% good , so that tells me it was out of ballance and would never recomend a CTR pulley to anyone unless its a track car.
Old 08-24-2004, 08:34 PM
rsdancel

rsdancel is an unknown quantity at this point

i need a stock because im putting ac and ps back in the car, the one that i have now doent match up with the ps pump pulley.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:15 AM
gpeele
still alive

gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele gpeele

what about the unorthodox units.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:27 AM
Hart-n-Sol
To the future...

Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol

I love my ctr pulley. A stock itr pulley actually has a little bit smaller diameter then the gsr so you could swap to that and switch to itr belts for a little more underdrive in stock form.

Quick Reply: B series crank pulley?