Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Im new, aint don't drag race!

Old 02-05-2003, 07:37 AM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Im new, aint don't drag race!

Hey all. Im happy to see there is an Autox/OT forum in this Drag Racer habitat.

Well first let me introduce myself. Im Kevin, I run a horribly unbalanced DSP Merkur XR4Ti in some VMSC Autoxs. I've done horrible everytime because the car has too much power, too little tire, and about a 90/10 weight distribution...heh. Anyway, enough bitching from me...any other VMSC'ers on here?

I think Lightningd was at the last autox i did. Of course his "grocery-getter" set a fater time then mine...heh...props to you my friend!

Anyway, i'd like to get to know some of the local autox'rs and hopefully learn something from y'all along the way.

I have a huge list of project cars and a college kid budget...so they will be project cars for quite a while...but i know having friends in the right places always helps.

Kevin - Function over fashion...
Old 02-05-2003, 09:06 AM
lightningd
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

haha, yeah i was there, and i didn't do to well. the last run was a "try to get a clean one in" run. the other runs consisted of a spin, a cone bashing, and a bake fade problem. but anyways, welcome to the board.
Old 02-05-2003, 09:24 AM
The Wok
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

I'm trying to get into autox now. Just got new KYB AGX shocks and getting springs soon. How should I get into it? Where is a good place to get a helmet?
Old 02-05-2003, 09:26 AM
sexyeyez

sexyeyez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Im new, aint don't drag race!

Originally posted by FlodaXR4
Hey all. Im Kevin
you live in ASHLAND??!! that place is scary!
Old 02-05-2003, 10:51 AM
98sr20ve
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the board. Maybe you will remember my Green Sentra SE (4door that is kinda loud). Welcome to the board.
Old 02-05-2003, 11:24 AM
lightningd
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

yeah, steve ^^^ has one of the best sounding imports i've ever heard. it's a beast.
Old 02-05-2003, 12:36 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Thanks guys...

I remember you running, it was almost completely DARK..ha. Everyone had to have their lights on...bad stuff.

I actually think i know of the Sentra you are talking about. I actually told my friend that day that it sounded amazing..like a VTEC on steriods...very strong sound.

Anyways, i hope to move past autox very soon as i get this 510 ready for open tracking. Its not that i dont enjoy autox, but nothing compares to open track!

I'll probably still be doing some VMSC autoxs this season if time permits...

-Kevin
Old 02-05-2003, 12:37 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

Default Re: Re: Im new, aint don't drag race!

Originally posted by sexyeyez
you live in ASHLAND??!! that place is scary!
Its all good now. Ashland is actually a very tiny town and nothing much goes on here until those two f*ckheads had to go and shoot people.

Trust me...its anything but scary...

-Kevin
Old 02-05-2003, 01:14 PM
sexyeyez

sexyeyez is an unknown quantity at this point

well when i was heading towards DC one night, i stopped in Ashland to get some gas, and some guy ran up to me and asked me for money! ...i thought my ass was gonna get robbed! thank god nothing like that happened!
Old 02-05-2003, 01:20 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

LMAO!!! That is very untypical for Ashland...i assure you. Even though you can really completely control a town that is right off the interstate! Give it another try...heh

Quick Reply: Im new, aint don't drag race!