Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Good shop in richmond?

Old 09-21-2004 | 01:02 PM
eclpsed
semicolonD.net

eclpsed eclpsed
Default Good shop in richmond?

Who in richmond knows about turbo cars? I need a good shop local who i can get to work on my car and my gf's car (1999 and 1998 GSXs)... I have been taken them to my home town for most the work done from a friend there. But I wanted to know if anyone local knows how to tune a turbo...? I dont wanna drive a hour and 1/2 back home just to get it donem but I dont want to get ripped off, or get cheap work done. Anyone know a shop?
Old 09-21-2004 | 01:44 PM
Juan Ehnch Dong
Chicks dig my viper

Juan Ehnch Dong has disabled reputation
Default Re: Good shop in richmond?

If you just want a dyno tune then performance autosport is not too far from you. You could go to the FATS get together on Friday and check it out.

I know I'm going to.

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66293
Old 09-21-2004 | 02:09 PM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by eclpsed
Who in richmond knows about turbo cars?
This is unfortunatly not a reality.
If you want a good shop to do good work, save yourself the hassel and go to nova or even better maryland. There is not enough of a decent market here in richmond to sustain a good shop for import turbo cars.

There are a few places in MD that tune and build diamond star cars.

A few of them:

Mach V-nova
TurboXS-md
AMS tuning-md
Extreme autosport-md

Go to performance autosport locally if you want to just dyno a car...they have a very nice shop (They are a mustang shop) and Floda is a nice guy.
If you need help tuning emanage, afc etc lemme know I can guide you in the right direction. I am pretty proficient at it and charge decent prices

Last edited by Terry@Fortune; 09-21-2004 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-21-2004 | 02:17 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

If its a GS-T I can help you. If its a GS-X...no dice.

I can and have tuned many cars via a AFC, but have never tooled around with a emanage. Either way, if you are spinning 2 wheels and want to dyno, give us a call...804.784.8851.
Old 09-21-2004 | 06:40 PM
ClassicJDMCars
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Good shop in richmond?
haha thats funny... i think that statement would be considered an oxy moron (import wise)
Old 09-22-2004 | 05:24 AM
S13wannabe
Registered Member

S13wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Chris, Terry knows how to use the Emanage pretty well doesn't he ? That's who I'd recommend.
Old 09-22-2004 | 05:48 AM
eclpsed
semicolonD.net

eclpsed eclpsed

Originally Posted by Juan Ehnch Dong
If you just want a dyno tune then performance autosport is not too far from you. You could go to the FATS get together on Friday and check it out.

I know I'm going to.

http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66293

cant "dyno tune" anywhere..... im AWD
Old 09-22-2004 | 05:57 AM
eclpsed
semicolonD.net

eclpsed eclpsed

Originally Posted by chapter8
If you want a good shop to do good work, save yourself the hassel and go to nova or even better maryland. There is not enough of a decent market here in richmond to sustain a good shop for import turbo cars.

A few of them:

Mach V-nova
TurboXS-md
AMS tuning-md
Extreme autosport-md

Go to performance autosport locally if you want to just dyno a car...they have a very nice shop (They are a mustang shop) and Floda is a nice guy.
If you need help tuning emanage, afc etc lemme know I can guide you in the right direction. I am pretty proficient at it and charge decent prices

again, awd.... cant ever find a good dyno. some carshows have them but for 80 bucks a pull and thats just crap when you wanna tune a car... Nopi Nats had one for an ok price but I had my gfs car there and mine was 9 hours away....lol.

I was thinking of getting a Greddy Emanage my friend has the whole setup new in box he got for his eclipse and never used. I've never has a turbo car before so i've never had to play with boost and stuff til now.
Old 09-22-2004 | 06:22 AM
Juan Ehnch Dong
Chicks dig my viper

Juan Ehnch Dong has disabled reputation

cant "dyno tune" anywhere..... im AWD
Ahh my bad. I'm not familiar with your car, you're original post lead me to believe your only major issue was finding a place that could help you tuning a turbo. It should have said "are there any AWD dynos in town?".
Old 09-22-2004 | 08:16 AM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by chapter8

A few of them:

Mach V-nova
TurboXS-md
AMS tuning-md
Extreme autosport-md

If you need help tuning emanage, afc etc lemme know I can guide you in the right direction. I am pretty proficient at it and charge decent prices.
All of these places have ALL WHEEL DRIVE DYNOS for the exeption of AMS.
Thats why I listed them they specialize in AWD mistu's or Suby's

Last edited by Terry@Fortune; 09-22-2004 at 08:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Good shop in richmond?