Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

FYI People...

Old 10-16-2004 | 06:55 PM
acuratuner00
*Latinus Spicticus*

acuratuner00 has disabled reputation
Default FYI People...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Oct16.html
Old 10-16-2004 | 07:46 PM
EG1sol

EG1sol has disabled reputation
Default Re: FYI People...

That seems like too much work being done on both sides.
Old 10-16-2004 | 08:00 PM
fiveohhh

fiveohhh has disabled reputation

yeah cops are slow...the post dug up more info then them
Old 10-16-2004 | 08:11 PM
dc/dc
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

I really wish that news media would quit being so condescending about import tuners, and stop exaggerating in their stories. I don't agree with street racing, or burning out in parking lots, but it pisses me off that just about every story I see about street racing mentions something about "The Gay and the Curious", and how we as import tuners are turning our cars into "speed machines". If they looked at the facts, they would see that most cars out at the races and meets are not even fast.

If I had to offer some suggestions to people who choose to street race, I would say this:
Don't tell people where you're going to race
Don't tell everyone and their mother where you're meeting before racing
Don't talk to a reporter if you see them out at your meeting spot.
Don't meet in highly visible areas
Don't be stupid at your meeting area (i.e., burnouts, donuts, etc.)
Don't race in a highly visible area (i.e., Rt. 1, I95, I66, 28, 29, or 50)
Don't travel in a pack to the meet spot or race spot

This stuff would seem commonsense, but too many people are getting careless. Street racing needs to go back underground like the old days. Small, private meets where maybe a few teams get together to race, or a few individuals who want to race each other, and a few spectators.

I can tell you, and people from 757 will back me up, but none of the meets I set up in VB/NN area when I lived there got busted. EVER. One meet we managed to stay at one spot for over 5 hours until everyone was tired and went home. I can attribute that to the fact that I knew everyone who showed by name or reputation, we met up in an obscure, but easy to get to spot, and nobody was stupid.
Old 10-16-2004 | 10:04 PM
acuratuner00
*Latinus Spicticus*

acuratuner00 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by DC/DC

......This stuff would seem commonsense, but too many people are getting careless. Street racing needs to go back underground like the old days. Small, private meets where maybe a few teams get together to race, or a few individuals who want to race each other, and a few spectators.....

i miss those days too.....

too many people trying to show off mess it up for the ones that just want to have fun with no complications...
Old 10-16-2004 | 10:23 PM
I_am_longitude
MEOWIN ALL NIGHT!

I_am_longitude is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: FYI People...

Originally Posted by DC/DC
I really wish that news media would quit being so condescending about import tuners, and stop exaggerating in their stories. I don't agree with street racing, or burning out in parking lots, but it pisses me off that just about every story I see about street racing mentions something about "The Gay and the Curious", and how we as import tuners are turning our cars into "speed machines". If they looked at the facts, they would see that most cars out at the races and meets are not even fast.

If I had to offer some suggestions to people who choose to street race, I would say this:
Don't tell people where you're going to race
Don't tell everyone and their mother where you're meeting before racing
Don't talk to a reporter if you see them out at your meeting spot.
Don't meet in highly visible areas
Don't be stupid at your meeting area (i.e., burnouts, donuts, etc.)
Don't race in a highly visible area (i.e., Rt. 1, I95, I66, 28, 29, or 50)
Don't travel in a pack to the meet spot or race spot

This stuff would seem commonsense, but too many people are getting careless. Street racing needs to go back underground like the old days. Small, private meets where maybe a few teams get together to race, or a few individuals who want to race each other, and a few spectators.

I can tell you, and people from 757 will back me up, but none of the meets I set up in VB/NN area when I lived there got busted. EVER. One meet we managed to stay at one spot for over 5 hours until everyone was tired and went home. I can attribute that to the fact that I knew everyone who showed by name or reputation, we met up in an obscure, but easy to get to spot, and nobody was stupid.

i agree!
Old 10-17-2004 | 02:45 AM
MerF
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Fuck registering...can I get a recap?

I suppose I can assume some from DC/DCs post. I can also vouch for DC/DC. The best organizer I ever met was TheGoat, he would walk around a ricer lot looking for the guys who had reputation for beaing smart and wanting to run and send us on our way one or two at a time to the real spot to hang out and race. We only got blown up from the spot once and never from the race spot. Too many kids out for publicity these days.
Old 10-17-2004 | 06:20 AM
dc/dc
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

Originally Posted by MerF
Fuck registering...can I get a recap?

I suppose I can assume some from DC/DCs post. I can also vouch for DC/DC. The best organizer I ever met was TheGoat, he would walk around a ricer lot looking for the guys who had reputation for beaing smart and wanting to run and send us on our way one or two at a time to the real spot to hang out and race. We only got blown up from the spot once and never from the race spot. Too many kids out for publicity these days.
It was a Washington comPost article about street racing in NoVA, and followed this one kid through like 4 of the major spots in the area on some night of the week.
Old 10-17-2004 | 08:39 AM
bolivianfuego
Hello Novian

bolivianfuego has disabled reputation

What do you expect though, its the media. Of course they will blow anything up to get people interested, Just feed the people what they want to hear.
Old 10-31-2004 | 06:53 AM
mainevent212
Banned

mainevent212 is an unknown quantity at this point

i hate to dig this up from the dead but i'm writing a speech for school about the dangers of street racing lol, and i just found this article and i was using some of it as a source. Whis is the dumbass "matt" that decided it's a cool idea to talk to a reporter about street racing?...saying he's seen cars get up to 160-170 on BWP...why tell them that?

Quick Reply: FYI People...