Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Cops really seem to be cracking down on people in Hampton...

Old 10-24-2004, 04:39 PM
Soon2BeStangin
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to behold
Default Cops really seem to be cracking down on people in Hampton...

Thought it was a bit unusual. I go out for the usual late Saturday night cruise, just up and down Mercury Blvd for those of you that know. I counted 9 cop cars, without the light bars on the top, just on the way down. Pulled up to a light next to a GST, figured something bad would happen but I said oh well, Ill atleast play with him. So I let him get the jump off the line, I give him about a carlength before I get on it. I reel him in and we are even by mid second when I shut down. Next light we are ready to go, I have it revved up to 3200 when my friend says he sees a cop, so I do nothing of course. The GST takes off, and the cop pulls a u-turn and is weaving thru traffic. Not really sure if he was after the GST or not, but later on we see him pull a truck over. Then just from the Sonic on Mercury to King Street, we saw 5 cops pull 4 people over. Is this just usual late night sobriety checks or what?
Old 10-24-2004, 04:43 PM
MAsshole
Mermaider

MAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these partsMAsshole is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Cops really seem to be cracking down on people in Hampton...

norfolk is getting the same way. i left the spot after two corolla left last night, well they decided to make a run on the highway with the cop directly behind them. not smart, cop got one guy, probably doing over 100
Old 10-24-2004, 04:47 PM
ROB
Yeah Ya Know!

ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB

Originally Posted by Soon2BeStangin
Thought it was a bit unusual. I go out for the usual late Saturday night cruise, just up and down Mercury Blvd for those of you that know. I counted 9 cop cars, without the light bars on the top, just on the way down. Pulled up to a light next to a GST, figured something bad would happen but I said oh well, Ill atleast play with him. So I let him get the jump off the line, I give him about a carlength before I get on it. I reel him in and we are even by mid second when I shut down. Next light we are ready to go, I have it revved up to 3200 when my friend says he sees a cop, so I do nothing of course. The GST takes off, and the cop pulls a u-turn and is weaving thru traffic. Not really sure if he was after the GST or not, but later on we see him pull a truck over. Then just from the Sonic on Mercury to King Street, we saw 5 cops pull 4 people over. Is this just usual late night sobriety checks or what?

I don't really know why it's like that now since I moved. I would assume it would have to do partly with the meets that used to take place at the Old country Buffet. I used to see all kinds of cars (trucks and bikes) just fly up and down mercury at night. Like I said I don't really know for sure.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:49 PM
4BangerCivic
E for Engourged.

4BangerCivic has disabled reputation

onlyl place i drive in norfolk is from ODU down hampton, to terminal to 64...im always doin 15+ over..especially on hampton, that shit's a 35 zone.
Old 10-24-2004, 05:30 PM
themacuser.org
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 4BangerCivic
onlyl place i drive in norfolk is from ODU down hampton, to terminal to 64...im always doin 15+ over..especially on hampton, that shit's a 35 zone.
Cool!
Old 10-25-2004, 08:33 AM
Nev
He is I and I is him

Nev Nev Nev Nev Nev Nev Nev Nev Nev Nev Nev

Mercury is a prime spot for speeding. Sometimes its hard to go 45 with 4 lanes of road and possibly not having many cars in front of you. Especially late night. Probably being the reason for a lot of cops.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Kutsuju
vip

Kutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud ofKutsuju has much to be proud of

Mercury is gay with the contruction and shiz.
Old 10-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Soon2BeStangin
Registered Member

Soon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to beholdSoon2BeStangin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kutsuju
Yea...Do you by any chance have dark rims on your SRT4?
Old 10-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

Originally Posted by 4BangerCivic
same here... but i just got a speeding ticket when i was just cruising, not even agressively accelerating, in pungo for 65 in 45... (speaking of which... anyone know where i can test to see if my tires have thrown off my speedometer? and get it calibrated? cuz i really dont think i was going fucking 65... maybe 55.) so i keep my speeds down now. but i have been seeing TONS of cops out lately. when i was at the red lobster on independence i sat there for about 10 minutes waiting for someone and counted ~8 or 9 cops.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:40 PM
ROB
Yeah Ya Know!

ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB ROB

Originally Posted by Kutsuju
What up Justin

Quick Reply: Cops really seem to be cracking down on people in Hampton...