Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

question for fc or any other popo's

Old 11-03-2004, 01:33 PM
elementalwindx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elementalwindx has disabled reputation
Default question for fc or any other popo's

This same sherrif that pulled that bs w/ giving me a window tint ticket for my 5% one before, pulled me over yet again, a while ago, and he told me he gave me a ticket for my tags being 3 days expired and that was it. Being pissed I went home bitched about it, lost it, found it today. I read the ticket and it also said: " [X] 16. And on or about Thursday, 2108 (p.)m., the 23 days of sept., 2004, in the named county, the named defendant did unlawfully and willfully operate a (motor) vehicle on a (street or highway)" then below theres a fill in the blank type thing. and he put "Colored Windshield GS 20- 127 (d)" in the paragraph space.

Yet he did not use the tint testing device (even tho common sense says its illegal, but the law says you have to use it) and he does not have a tint % written down on the ticket.

Is there any way to get out of this ticket? The next day I went and got my new tags ("1SLOWGS" :-D ) like I actually planned. and I did not realize he wrote me down for illegal window tint till today I called the lady at the clerk's court office and she told me he had me written down for the tags and the window tint. Thanks for your help FC

Last edited by elementalwindx; 11-03-2004 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:35 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: question for fc or any other popo's

go to your local pharmacy....and get some warming KY. he can still give you a ticket for it being too dark, even if there isnt a test done. it is disputable, however, if he gave you a ticket before for it, he can give you one again.

get it removed, and get standard tags and you shouldnt have much problem. personalized tags are not the best thing for a modded car. belive me.

get a standard tag.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:20 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

You can fight it. However, it has been my experience (not personal, just what I've heard) that judges don't look kindly on the whole tint issue. Same goes for muffler violations. Best bet is to pay the ticket and get it re-tinted legally.
Old 11-07-2004, 06:35 PM
elementalwindx

Originally Posted by fc735
go to your local pharmacy....and get some warming KY. he can still give you a ticket for it being too dark, even if there isnt a test done. it is disputable, however, if he gave you a ticket before for it, he can give you one again.

get it removed, and get standard tags and you shouldnt have much problem. personalized tags are not the best thing for a modded car. belive me.

get a standard tag.

why do u say that about tags?
Old 11-07-2004, 07:24 PM
hitmanG35
Cosmo likes to blow!

hitmanG35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cosmo
You can fight it. However, it has been my experience (not personal, just what I've heard) that judges don't look kindly on the whole tint issue. Same goes for muffler violations. Best bet is to pay the ticket and get it re-tinted legally.
Yep nothing more to say!

cops always > you
Old 11-07-2004, 07:24 PM
slither

slither slither slither slither slither slither

I would agree, in both cases you were doing something illegal. Pay the ticket and chalk it up as money lost. The ticket was not BS because you were breaking the law.
Now, I have and do run tint on my car, so Im not saying its bad or anything, just not legal.
Also, the thing about the tag is BS. If there is a cop that profiles and harrases people because of there tags, get someone else involved as that is even more illegal than other things(such as your tint :-P ) and should be reported on.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:31 PM
hitmanG35
Cosmo likes to blow!

hitmanG35 is an unknown quantity at this point

its not the fact that cops target tags! Of course thats illegal, but I think Joey meant that ANYTHING that could draw the attention of the cop is potentally asking for a ticket! Personalized tags do draw attention... of not what would the purpose be of having them? Its a direct form of making a statement with your car or "hey look at my tag... its funny/clever/rude/stupid."
Modded cars are like a 50 foot doughnut rollin around town for cops and like the old saying goes.... nothing exceeds like excess definitely implies for the more things you add to your car to draw attention.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:23 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

chris is just bitter he has a car like everyone else....and has personalized tags.

your chances of being "harassed" are less with standard issue tags. which is easier to remember, WKD WAGN or JKS-1554?

thats what i thought.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:05 AM
elementalwindx

Originally Posted by fc735
chris is just bitter he has a car like everyone else....and has personalized tags.

your chances of being "harassed" are less with standard issue tags. which is easier to remember, WKD WAGN or JKS-1554?

thats what i thought.

haha okay thanks guys.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:26 AM
elementalwindx

Quick Reply: question for fc or any other popo's