Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Getting DSMLINK :D

Old 11-07-2004, 06:39 PM
elementalwindx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elementalwindx has disabled reputation
Default Getting DSMLINK :D

Tomorrow morning I am shipping my EPROM Next Day Air, to get www.dsmlink.com Anyone got any tips for when I get it back?

stock everything except a mbc running 13-15psi.
I wanted to get that b4 i started modding my car, because we all know the more you mod a car w/o proper tuning, the easier it is to break things. Not to mention I am just a PC dork and I love to be able to play w/ PC's, and it gives me a better excuse to keep a laptop in my car
Old 11-07-2004, 08:33 PM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting DSMLINK :D

Very nice, it'll be the best mod you ever do. They actually just released the v2.5 client which I just got today. I cant say enough good things about this system.

You've definately made the right choice to have this as a starting mod. Extremely good baseline for future modding, and I can attest that this system will allow you to take your setup further than any Safc and datalogger ever could.

As far as first things to start off with, if you're still on stock fueling and stock turbo dont expect much. You'll likely find you can turn the boost up another psi or so, and thats mainly it. Your turbo wont be flowing enough to get you onto the highest airflow maps within the ecu so your timing will already be very high, normally with larger turbos you can add a good bit of timing as well, or subtract it depending on the particular boost level you are trying to achieve. Of course you'll have the other features that arent simply tuning based but just kickass in general such as anti-lag and stutterbox, as well as CEL features, but I'm sure you've read about them or will soon. One mod they did on the v2.5 client is redo their boost-est feature, so you have a very accurate estimation of boost for those without a 3bar map sensor, or other 5v loggable map.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:50 PM
YeloBlitzEclips
Rice -4- Life

YeloBlitzEclips is on a distinguished road

how much does the dsmlink system cost?
Old 11-07-2004, 09:01 PM
SlammedScort
R.I.P B.K.H & K.D.A.

SlammedScort has disabled reputation

I think it is like $600 something. It will be a mod i get sooner then later, now that they have a 1g version out.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:03 PM
KPWSavestheDay

KPWSavestheDay has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by YeloBlitzEclips
how much does the dsmlink system cost?
600 dollars. Plus you'll need a laptop or palm pilot as well as a 95 eprom.

Easy to use and powerful.

-T
Old 11-07-2004, 09:04 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

yup.. datalogging and tuning ability very early will help you learn the car much quicker... i use logger/SAFC in both of mine, will prolly get DSMlink for the race car eventually when i can pull enough money out of my ass for it
Old 11-08-2004, 09:02 AM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

Thats the thing, Safc costs around 250 bucks, logger is around 175, and a palm pilot is around 50, so bringing the total to 475 bucks and you arent even anywhere close to the abilities of dsmlink. 1g DSMlink is only 565 bucks, 2g is 600, eprom socketing is 30 bucks if you have them do it, and you only need a 133mhz laptop to run it so you can determine the cost of that. The cost of the eprom raises it, but believe me it is WELL worth it, especially for 2g guys I cant emphasize it enough. Bite the bullet and just buy it
Old 11-08-2004, 11:01 AM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

It cost me 620$ shipped w/ the socket service + 264$ for the EPROM ECU I bought from "Nine54G63awd" (Nick).

I wanna know if its possible for me to use that anti-lag w/ my stock exhaust and turbo :-P

I'd like to tune my car, then take it to the track w/ the anti-lag and no-lift-to-shift feature enabled. That seems like it would be REEEALL fun
Old 11-08-2004, 12:37 PM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

Yes antilag works with any 5spd setup. Basically it will retard the timing to a pre-set value you determine (say for example mine is at 3* ATDC) causing the exhaust gases leaving to be hotter than normal, causing a great load on the turbo and spooling it right up. I build full boost right off the line. NLTS wont really matter much at all with your stock turbo as will antilag, again those features really begin to shine when the turbo in question is larger, aka 50trim or larger. I havent had much luck with the antilag during shifts portion, I just leave that feature turned off. Expect to do clutch upgrades however if you antilag and stutterbox.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Hybrid AWD
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
It cost me 620$ shipped w/ the socket service + 264$ for the EPROM ECU I bought from "Nine54G63awd" (Nick).

I wanna know if its possible for me to use that anti-lag w/ my stock exhaust and turbo :-P

I'd like to tune my car, then take it to the track w/ the anti-lag and no-lift-to-shift feature enabled. That seems like it would be REEEALL fun
that guy is a fag heard his shit will never run

Quick Reply: Getting DSMLINK :D