Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

DEER!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Turblowedneon
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turblowedneon is on a distinguished road
Default DEER!!!!!!!!!!

Man I hate Deer, they have got to be the most small brained retared azz animal known to man. Well the Deer jumped out infront of a truck, the truck hit it and I caught the deer in the road. It was only a two lane road so i did not have anywhere to go. It went under the car and came out in shreds. So I stopped and was just expecting to see a hole in the oil pan and my oil cooler in pieces, But to the grace of god it wasn't. After that I take an overall look at the car and my heart sank my poor stock ass intercooler looks like the civc from a few posts up. Ill post some pics as soon as I can. My main question is when i turn this in to the insurance will they let me pay a little extra and get the agp intercooler ? its only like 200 bucksmore than the stock or will they make me go back all factory. The only thing that worries me about that is that my bumper support will have to be removed in order to install the new intercooler if I do decide to do so. I am afraid with the bumper support gone the insurance will not do it. Here is the AGP intercooler

Last edited by Turblowedneon; 12-12-2004 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:42 PM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation
Default Re: DEER!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Turblowedneon
Man I hate Deer, they have got to be the most small brained retared azz animal known to man. Well the Deer jumped out infront of a truck, the truck hit it and I caught the deer in the road. It was only a two lane road so i did not have anywhere to go. It went under the car and came out in shreds. So I stopped and was just expecting to see a hole in the oil pan and my oil cooler in pieces, But to the grace of god it wasn't. After that I take an overall look at the car and my heart sank my poor stock ass intercooler looks like the civc from a few posts up. Ill post some pics as soon as I can. My main question is when i turn this in to the insurance will they let me pay a little extra and get the agp intercooler ? its only like 200 bucksmore than the stock or will they make me go back all factory. The only thing that worries me about that is that my bumper support will have to be removed in order to install the new intercooler if I do decide to do so. I am afraid with the bumper support gone the insurance will not do it. Here is the AGP intercooler
Good luck man. yea that IC needs to be quite a bit wider. but I dont see how you could fit a wider one in there. I dont know crap about SRT's though. I'm getting my car back from the body shop tomorrow, and then I'm gonna start tearin it down Monday night *sigh*
Old 12-12-2004, 05:50 PM
YeloBlitzEclips
Rice -4- Life

YeloBlitzEclips is on a distinguished road

yea, i hit a deer that was alreday dead a while back too (someone must've dropped it off the back of their truck after hunting or something). it pretty much owned my car.... being 3 inches off the ground + dead deer in the road = $2800+ in damage....
Old 12-12-2004, 05:54 PM
4SFED4
DSM builder/tuner

4SFED4 is on a distinguished road

To get the intercooler mod done you need to search for a repair shop that the insurance company will approve to do the work and see if you can get them to do it under the radar and maybe spot them a few extra bucks for it.

My insurance company(State Farm) never get into detail in accessing the damage and leave it up to the repair shop. The most my agent has done is make written documentation of my statement about the accident and take a few photographs of the exterior damage.

Good Luck
Old 12-12-2004, 06:56 PM
VTFrontier
Cut,it,out

VTFrontier

Originally Posted by 4SFED4
To get the intercooler mod done you need to search for a repair shop that the insurance company will approve to do the work and see if you can get them to do it under the radar and maybe spot them a few extra bucks for it.

My insurance company(State Farm) never get into detail in accessing the damage and leave it up to the repair shop. The most my agent has done is make written documentation of my statement about the accident and take a few photographs of the exterior damage.

Good Luck
insurance fraud
Old 12-12-2004, 07:04 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

the AGP one is veddy nice.....

did someone say needing a shop to do work?
Old 12-12-2004, 07:32 PM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

haha is it insurance fraud when you ask the lady that owns the body shop (and u use to date her daughter) to take as long as she can so u can keep the rental as long as you can, so you'll have time to get the timing belt parts in to fix the car lol
Old 12-12-2004, 07:50 PM
srt4hokie
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Just so you know, the stock one might be on national backorder, or at least that has been the case in the past... In addition you should think real hard and long about removing the support beam... It's not for everyone. You are taking a serious risk in doing it. I myself am willing to take that risk, but I know full well the risk I take. If you’re in a frontal crash the insurance company can give you hell for removing it...
Old 12-13-2004, 07:01 AM
gonzoe00
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Damm homie its not even winter time you tearing up the T.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:05 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Well, many insurance companies are more than willing to just send you a check in the amount of the claim. If that is so, get them to do that, then take it somewhere that will do the work (I recommend Joey...) and put in whatever parts you like.

Quick Reply: DEER!!!!!!!!!!