Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Remote start install place, help

Old 12-21-2004, 08:25 PM
D_Eclipse9916
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D_Eclipse9916 has disabled reputation
Default Remote start install place, help

Anyone know a good and cheap place to get a remote start alarm installed? I have checked a few places and they are either 200 bucks or wont do it cuz im manual. Help guys!
Old 12-21-2004, 08:29 PM
HMBeaty
HM-8404

HMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud of
Default Re: Remote start install place, help

Originally Posted by D_Eclipse9916
Anyone know a good and cheap place to get a remote start alarm installed? I have checked a few places and they are either 200 bucks or wont do it cuz im manual. Help guys!
Best Buy? Or, if you can, just do it yourself. It couldn't be that hard to read instructions and splice and connect wires and shit like that.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:27 AM
94 Teggy
Banned

94 Teggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldnt do it if you were manual either, but yeah, just do it yourself
Old 12-22-2004, 05:00 AM
ForcedFedTeg
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

no one in va is legaly aloud to install it on a manual trans. so finding a shop to do it will be hard. and in order to do it you will have to bypass the clutch and if you dont know what you are doing you can really screw stuff up.

i can do it for you. i install these things every day.

pm me

Last edited by ForcedFedTeg; 12-22-2004 at 05:02 AM.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:38 AM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

sound solutions might do it, but i didnt know it was illegal for them on MTX's. PM me and ill give u the number/address
Old 12-22-2004, 06:46 AM
intialEK4
funkbishes gethoney!

intialEK4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

what kind of alarm...let me know if you really wanna get it installed..one of my friends has been doing it for 7 years and he'll do it depending on the alarm
Old 12-25-2004, 07:59 AM
SOHKis
BYAAARR!!!!!

SOHKis will become famous soon enough

Try Cellcom in falls church, they hooked me up on my RSX 3.5 and install on my MT. great work, talk to suneil
Old 12-25-2004, 09:46 AM
rem

rem has disabled reputation

how hard is it to install remote start on a manual? cuz my dad wants to buy one for his car
Old 12-25-2004, 09:49 AM
SOHKis
BYAAARR!!!!!

SOHKis will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rem
how hard is it to install remote start on a manual? cuz my dad wants to buy one for his car
the same as an AT, but you just gotta disable the clutch safety switch so that you don't have to depress the clutch in order to start the vehicle.
Old 12-25-2004, 10:07 AM
Mr2sLoW

Mr2sLoW is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i just got one for xmas its a viper 791xw and im also looking for a install, i called one place up in sterling but they charge 200 for it which costs me more than wut i paid for the alarm itself so does anyone know of a place that would charge me cheaper? SOHkeg how much did u pay?

Quick Reply: Remote start install place, help