Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Brake king of newport news..

Old 12-31-2004, 02:07 PM
EvoManiac
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EvoManiac has disabled reputation
Default Brake king of newport news..

I recently ordered some tires off of tirerack.com and they came in today. I called around and everywhere was to expensive or booked up, Brake king's price sounded decent and they weren't busy. They are located a little bit after mercury blvd. off of Jefferson in Newport News. While they were taking my old tires off the car I noticed the assholes forcing the tire down and started to pry it out with something because they couldn't get the machine to do it. I already had one scuff mark on my back right enkei wheel, now I have at least 1 scuff mark on every wheel now, and the the back right has like 3-4. I know they arn't very major scuff marks, but I mean they are a business and should do shit properly and not use old shitty equipment. I didn't know that placed sucked because it was my first time ever going there. I talked to one of the workers that mounted and balanced my tires and said "oh you already had scratches on your car before us."I said yea the one I showed you before you started the job, the one on the back right, and he said no let me show you the others. I was like WTF!!!! Because I washed my car not even an hour before I took my car over there, and I didn't notice shit on my wheels beside that one scuff mark on my back right tire. I had it for a few months, and never got it fixed it, but the other shits I got on my car now, was never there before!! The damn guy behind the desk who I paid, said he will not do anything because he doesn't know if they were their before and that I might be lying. He said people tend to bring their cars back and say they did it. I told him yea, because they are right, your guys equipment sucks ass and so does your workers that work here that can't find a decent job so they change tires and do brakes for a living for 8 dollars an hour. Stupid fucking assholes. I know that it isn't the worst thing that can happen to my car, but come on my car is brand new not even 5 months old and I am still making payments. When I take my car to a shop to get some tires installed I don't expect my fucking wheels to be scratched the fuck up afterwards and they blame it on me!!! If anybody knows the owner or workers that work there, please help me out.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:09 PM
Black Z-24
Registered Member

Black Z-24 Black Z-24
Default Re: Brake king of newport news..

What series tire were they?

I was told before hand they are not reliable for any scratches on the rim, and that even a 45 series tire is a pain in the ass to put on, even for the machine.

You should just deal with it.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:09 PM
EvoManiac
Registered Member

EvoManiac has disabled reputation

they were the kumho ecsta asx's, 235/45/17. My sister took her car to the walmart tire and lube for his cl and her wheels had no scratches on them and she has 17's also. I shoulda waited and took it there, but they were busy and I wanted to get my tires put on today. Never again, will I take my car to a fucking so called brake/muffler shop to put my tires on!! anyway, Ill just deal with it, if bbb helps me out ill take their help. Anyway, everybody have a happy new years!
Old 12-31-2004, 03:33 PM
totaled@100+
hybrid hatch

totaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these partstotaled@100+ is infamous around these parts

i always just go to tread quarters in denbigh. never had any problems there. most i had to wait was 2 hours and that was day before yesterday. but i always just take the rims and tires up there.
Old 12-31-2004, 05:11 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I always check around to see what type of tire machine they use and if it can do painted and powdercoated wheels. If they have a machine that can handle that, regular wheels are no problem. Just like anything else, the most expensive machines do the best job..
Old 01-01-2005, 12:46 AM
sprayedcivic
On One Wheel

sprayedcivic has disabled reputation

the owners last name is hutchins or some thing like that i went to school with his son just ask to speak with the manager and explain what has happened and tell them if they do not fix this problem then you are going to call 10 on yur side and seeing that they had alot of bad publicity about a month again i do not think they would want it again...

its worth a shot
Old 01-01-2005, 07:05 AM
xk84f9ds
Banned

xk84f9ds is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sprayedcivic
the owners last name is hutchins or some thing like that i went to school with his son just ask to speak with the manager and explain what has happened and tell them if they do not fix this problem then you are going to call 10 on yur side and seeing that they had alot of bad publicity about a month again i do not think they would want it again...

its worth a shot

thats whats im talking about
Old 01-01-2005, 07:40 AM
FumingSmoked
Registered Member

FumingSmoked is an unknown quantity at this point

First off, taking tires to a Brake shop doesn't seem like a good idea. It's almost like going to a Ford dealership for work on my 350Z, yeah they're all mechanics but to be experts in your field, you get the best tools for the job.

Hall ford were pricks to me last year. After going through all the managers locally, I emailed Hall Corporate HQ, BBB, Ford HQ and 10 on your side. Hall Ford saw things in a different light after that. If things can't be reconciled locally, take it up higher and worse case, if you can prove your case, take it to judge judy or joe brown.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

damn dude that suck. I'm really picky about my shit and I would be persistant with them and they'll eventually correct the problem. If not, its time to go to court.
Old 01-01-2005, 07:57 PM
1sikcvc

1sikcvc has disabled reputation

well, yes, i do work at kramer tire and from time to time(everyday lol) i do change tires. the 205/40 series are a pain in the ass but i gotta do em. we have the right equipment there to do any tire and rim work. we have the rubber pieces on the machines to do the chrome and racing rims and do a great job. as for your case, be more patient. brake king? they can't even do brakes right. it's all good though. you're supposed to do things like that in life, it's learning right?

Quick Reply: Brake king of newport news..