Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

New Hotness

Old 01-09-2005, 01:56 AM
srt4hokie
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
srt4hokie is on a distinguished road
Default New Hotness

Well Joey hooked me up with the new hotness so I could have something to drive to and from work with better gas mileage then the srt, plus now I can take the srt to the next level now.. It’s a 94 VX. I feel dirty driving a Honda, but who can argue with 50 mpg. Plus it’s so light it’s really rather quick…

Who ever had it before, were some nasty sunsabitches as the inside was jacked up, but I’m striping it down and cleaning it now. I will be locating a fender to replace the crashed one but aside from that and the door it’s good to go once I get the interior done.

Old 01-09-2005, 02:00 AM
srt4hokie
Registered Member

Default Re: New Hotness

Oh yah anybody know where you can get seat covers that will have the hole for the headrest on the left or right side like these seats have?
Old 01-09-2005, 04:22 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

fucking ricer.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:53 AM
JKim
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

nice daily.

I would have it the other way around though. Keep your srt4 as a nice daily driver. Comfortable, new and relatively nice. All the creature comforts that a new car brings. Taking the srt4 to the "next" level will make it kinda hard for you to take a girl out on a date. But i guess thats up to you how far the next level is.

Funny thing is, swapping a motor on that honda and going fully built will give you just as much potential as the srt4 for a fast fwd drager. Infact...you said it yourself its lighter.

But in either case its always good to have two cars. gluck. I wish i had that kinda luxury. Going all out with the wrx and making it drivable every day for class...makes things hard
Old 01-09-2005, 08:18 AM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

These are the moments I have absolutely nothing against hondas. I bet it'll make a great daily, and as you said all it really needs is a little cleaning, which is cake anyway. Hell, by the looks of all that change there, you got quite a good rebate too . Isnt the VX the lightest of those models too?
Old 01-09-2005, 08:29 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

it *WAS* my project car....but with having abosultely no time to do anything right now due to being slammed at work, richard wanted it for a beater.

the plan on this car was full 2x3 tube chassis, much narrowed 9" rear, and the TPI 350 i pulled out of my old T/A. however.....i havent had time to change the oil in the metro in four months, much less do that

it is the lightest hatch out there, not to mention he got the good O2 sensor too

(DIY wideband guys know what i am talking about) it was brand new too.

how much money did you get out of the thing? i figured there was alot of change, most of the cars that come through here have a few bucks at least in them

leave the interior like that....be like the metro

and i think i got a line on two more of them too, Chris said something about going to NC sometime next week to get some more. so i may be making a fast honda anyway
Old 01-09-2005, 09:22 AM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fc735
fast honda
Old 01-09-2005, 09:23 AM
srt4hokie
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 16g-95gsx
These are the moments I have absolutely nothing against hondas. I bet it'll make a great daily, and as you said all it really needs is a little cleaning, which is cake anyway. Hell, by the looks of all that change there, you got quite a good rebate too . Isnt the VX the lightest of those models too?
Yah the VX seems to be the best allaround model. It weighs in at 2108lbs. It has the 1.5 in it with 95hp and 98tq, with VTec gets 47 city 56 highway.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:24 AM
srt4hokie
Registered Member

Originally Posted by FutureProspect
nice daily.

I would have it the other way around though. Keep your srt4 as a nice daily driver. Comfortable, new and relatively nice. All the creature comforts that a new car brings. Taking the srt4 to the "next" level will make it kinda hard for you to take a girl out on a date. But i guess thats up to you how far the next level is.

Funny thing is, swapping a motor on that honda and going fully built will give you just as much potential as the srt4 for a fast fwd drager. Infact...you said it yourself its lighter.

Nah I will be able to retain the daily drivability of the car, there are a number of 500+hp cars that are daily drivable. What I’m thinking is now I can afford more then one day of down time and can risk brakeage
Old 01-09-2005, 09:55 AM
BSeriesTurbo
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by srt4hokie
Yah the VX seems to be the best allaround model. It weighs in at 2108lbs. It has the 1.5 in it with 95hp and 98tq, with VTec gets 47 city 56 highway.

yikes...the vx is the lightest..but the title on my cx says 2080. hmmm