Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

uber electrical problem

Old 01-20-2005, 07:42 PM
DrkIrny
KIRRA+MUGEN :)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DrkIrny will become famous soon enough
Default uber electrical problem

Im working on a friends car from work its a 99 accord. Break down on whats going on. She had a jackass guy install her radio but this idiot cut the main honda harness and just started connecting wires hoping he was right. I arrived and put a proper harness on the stereo and fixed his work properly. Now her tail light wouldnt come on and neither would the dash lights. thru a hell of alot of trouble and a lil luck i thought i had the problem solved, reset the ecu and found out a single bulb in dash blew out(the bulb with the black wire running to tach light). Im replacing those tomorrow and also found she had a blown blub in her rear so i took that out to and havent replaced it till tomorrow. Now after all this when she flips the lights on the rears dont work but brake lights still do. Im completely lost on this and really dont know were to go. It could possibly be a fuse i overlooked but if its not that then what. PLz help problem solve this biznitch, thanx
joe
Old 01-21-2005, 07:04 AM
NastyNate
Say somm!!!

NastyNate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: uber electrical problem

Sounds like a fuse...if not pull the radio back out and check for wiring that is either badly grounded or not hooked up. Next I would check power from the fuse box to the tail lights and so on...good luck.

Nate
Old 01-21-2005, 07:46 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

your tallking about her rear running lights right? first check the fuse and if they dont work when you turn them on but the fronts still do, double check that wire harness cause you might have crossed a power wire and possibly grounded it, and there are connections beetween the switch and the lights, but and if the guy fucked up the harness, theres always the possibility of a fried wire somewhere in the circuit.....
Old 01-22-2005, 09:04 AM
DrkIrny
KIRRA+MUGEN :)

DrkIrny will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
your tallking about her rear running lights right? first check the fuse and if they dont work when you turn them on but the fronts still do, double check that wire harness cause you might have crossed a power wire and possibly grounded it, and there are connections beetween the switch and the lights, but and if the guy fucked up the harness, theres always the possibility of a fried wire somewhere in the circuit.....
ya it turned out i tracked a wire down from the radio and to the back of the dash was fried so i re ran a wire and bam all it works now also there was a fuse blown with it. all is fixed now and eerything works in her car for now i hope. i hate fixing shit that people fuk up but o well. thx for all the help
Old 01-22-2005, 09:10 AM
boostjunkie
ITR prick #1...

boostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these partsboostjunkie is infamous around these parts

dear god how i hate electrical problems...

good luck man.