Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Getting desperate to put on this super 16g....

Old 03-13-2005, 06:07 PM
elementalwindx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elementalwindx has disabled reputation
Exclamation Getting desperate to put on this super 16g....

Does anyone have a GOOD 7 or 8cm exhaust housing they would like to sell me dirt cheap so I can install my hahn super 16g turbo? Preferably I'd like the o2 housing to still be on there so I would not have to get a flange. Right now I have the 10cm exhaust housing, and the parts and adaptors to install it are going to run me right at $300, so that's why I'm looking for a smaller housing.

95 Eclipse GST
http://members.cardomain.com/uncwdragonfire

Thanks guys.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:32 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Getting desperate to put on this super 16g....

why did you buy the hahn shit if you were just going to de-hahn-ify it?
Old 03-14-2005, 05:38 PM
elementalwindx

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
why did you buy the hahn shit if you were just going to de-hahn-ify it?
Cause I got the turbo dirt cheap.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:30 AM
marshall
Registered Member

marshall has disabled reputation

buschur was selling 7cm housings for $140 awhile back, not sure if it was a special...try calling fp, slowboy...but I'd say stick with the 10cm and spend the money. You're probably not gonna find a "dirt cheap" 7cm, and definately not gonna find an 8cm...

edit: or if you don't want to spend money just trade/sell the turbo to a newb and buy a used 16g which are a dime a dozen now.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:15 PM
elementalwindx

Originally Posted by marshall
buschur was selling 7cm housings for $140 awhile back, not sure if it was a special...try calling fp, slowboy...but I'd say stick with the 10cm and spend the money. You're probably not gonna find a "dirt cheap" 7cm, and definately not gonna find an 8cm...

edit: or if you don't want to spend money just trade/sell the turbo to a newb and buy a used 16g which are a dime a dozen now.
Would it be worth it keeping the 10cm and buying that kit for $300? I wonder how bad the spool would be w/ my stock exhaust, injectors, and a big ass 10cm housing. Also does anyone know if a 6cm will fit on a super16g?
Old 03-17-2005, 06:26 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

just spend the money
Old 03-28-2005, 09:29 PM
elementalwindx

K got the super 16g on, left it idling for until it got up to operating temp w/ the fans turning on, never saw a single leak (after the 1 oil leak where the ss line wasnt tight enuf), even revved the gas and nothin came out.

Today (2nd day its been on) I drove like 20min~ w/o boosting cause the day b4 I kept blowing off my IC pipes, well after that 20min I noticed my temp guage on my dash creeping up slowly but surely, so I was like wtf, I turned on my heat to make it cool down. Well I got nothin but cold air so I was like omfg, thinking my heater core blew. Well I pulled over, opened my hood, and saw water spraying from my water return banjo bolt, along with some mist/smoke. I had no water/coolant at all left. So I drove 2more min over to autozone after it cooled down, and took the banjo bolt off, cleaned it down w/ pb blaster, and put new crush washers in. I have this banjo bolt torqued down with the end of my floor jack bar. I don't see how it's not sealing right. When I put water back in the car, I got heat back with the heater, I also never noticed coolant coming from my brand new water pump, or around the head. But never the less, I am STILL losing coolant somehow.

The water return line is ghetto rigged. It is the t25 return line cut off b4 it bends, and connected to the other water return line on the block by a rubber hose and those clamps you use pliars to remove. I'm wondering if I use worm clamps instead if that will make a difference?

Also I am unable to boost so much as even 4psi at 6k rpm now. So I imagine I have some stupid as fuck boost leak somewhere.
I pray to god this is not some stupid blown head gasket, seeing as how I'm at 120,000 miles on what I believe is all stock internals/hg/studs/etc... I'm the 4th owner of this car w/ no knowledge of its history.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:17 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

sweet you got it on! but that sucks.. is your radiator leaking? man it sucks cleaning up the mess from coolant leaks.. especially when it is thrown around everywhere by the fan.. yea.

lol
Old 03-29-2005, 06:31 AM
elementalwindx

I'm wondering if my boost leak is that water return line? All my fmic pipes are on there hard as fuck.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:14 AM
slither

slither slither slither slither slither slither

Grimlins allways suck ass man, once you get it all figured out you will be happy once again. Also, I would do a boost leak test, to make sure everything is sealing up like it should.

Quick Reply: Getting desperate to put on this super 16g....