Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

hatch problems

Old 03-06-2003, 07:31 AM
hatch_this

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hatch_this is a name known to allhatch_this is a name known to allhatch_this is a name known to allhatch_this is a name known to allhatch_this is a name known to allhatch_this is a name known to allhatch_this is a name known to all
Default hatch problems

my friend has an 89 hatch and when he slows down from like 4th gear and comes to a stop then starts to accelerate then has a problem of hesitating and sometimes will stall out what do you think this could be....also need some help findin a good body shop and someone to help with a b16 swap in a crx
Old 03-06-2003, 07:46 AM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

i realize that this may sound stupid , but does he put it back in 1st gear to take off?

it's really hard to say what the problem is with out seeing the vehicle. does the car drive fine otherwise? what mods(if any) have been done to the car?

need a little bit more info/ or need to see the car to properly diagnose/fix the problem.

i'll help if i can
Old 03-06-2003, 04:21 PM
hatch_this

hatch_this is a name known to allhatch_this is a name known to allhatch_this is a name known to allhatch_this is a name known to allhatch_this is a name known to allhatch_this is a name known to allhatch_this is a name known to all

no he doesnt put it back in 1st to take off, its coming from a high speed, he downshifts, and then comes to a complete stop. OR coming around a corner and downshifting and have the car hesitate then either rev back up or just slow down and cut off. He also said he notices this becomes more and more frequent when there is less gas in the tank, could that be a contributing factor ?
Old 03-07-2003, 07:16 AM
miahmouse
Registered Member

miahmouse is an unknown quantity at this point

does he maintenance the car regularly(plugs, fuel filter, dizzy)? Does it idle/run correctly otherwise? Any aftermarket stuff (fuel rail, fpr)? It's not getting one of 3 things air,fuel,spark (I'd look more into the first two). Perhaps the fuel pump/fpr is going bad..... I'd check for vacuum leaks first, they always seem to be the gremlin when something isn't running quite right. Just some ideas.....

I'd like to help w/ the swap when you get around to it...
Old 03-07-2003, 09:29 AM
PoS hYbRiD
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

the fuel pump is ging bad .... mine did the same thing ..... i put a fuel press gauge on it and it was at 22 psi at idle ( wayyy too low ). it would bog down when there was under 1/4 tank in the car or when taking off or going around a corner. does this sound familiar ???
Old 03-07-2003, 04:17 PM
hatch_this

yea man, that's exactly what is happening. ill look into it 2morrow, if i have that time. ill keep guys posted about the results.
Old 03-08-2003, 06:32 AM
hatch_this

also, what pressure should the fuel be at for normal operation ?
Old 03-08-2003, 09:56 AM
Boosted2003
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

check the rotor and cap first and spark plugs... 90% of all problems are elctrical and 50% of those are grounding problems
Old 03-08-2003, 10:32 PM
PoS hYbRiD
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

no , its the fuel pump.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:05 AM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally posted by hatch_this
also, what pressure should the fuel be at for normal operation ?
about 35 psi at idle and 40-45 at wot

Quick Reply: hatch problems