Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

CRX Head swap?'s

Old 03-09-2003, 05:51 PM
luvinlife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
luvinlife is an unknown quantity at this point
Question CRX Head swap?'s

I have a crx si. I was wondering what a head swap could do for me. By swapping the head will it make my car dohc rather than sohc. And what would have to do to make it vtech besides a head swap.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:12 PM
PoS hYbRiD
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts
Default Re: CRX Head swap?'s

Originally posted by luvinlife
I have a crx si. I was wondering what a head swap could do for me. By swapping the head will it make my car dohc rather than sohc. And what would have to do to make it vtech besides a head swap.
hummm , how should i approach this.

1. There is no way possible to swap a DOHC head onto a SOHC block. D series and Bseries are not compatable (sp?) .
2. If you want to swap the head on your rex , i would suggest a d16y8 head. That would be your best bet.
3. Its VTEC , vtech makes cordless phones and shit.
Old 03-09-2003, 08:20 PM
1slowCRX

1slowCRX is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it possible to put a ZC head on a 1.6 crx??????
Old 03-09-2003, 08:29 PM
PoS hYbRiD
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

zc's came in dohc and sohc. you could use a sohc zc head. but not dohc.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:29 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Why did you make a second thread about this? And second, I'm not 100% sure about this, but from what I was told (by the person who did my work) a DOHC zc head would go onto an Si block, but you would have to have the block machined in various places in order for it to work. BUT, then raises the question... WHY?

Go back to the first thread you made, and do like me and POS have said, put a d16y8 head onto your 1.6 block and be happy with it.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:39 AM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

i would be more that happy to do this mini-me conversion for you.
for a nominal fee that is!
Old 03-10-2003, 12:52 PM
Boosted2003
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

well u could put dohc head on sohc but u have to get pistons cut so there are slots so the pistons other wise BOOM...