Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

failed state inspection for tinted windshield banner!?!?

Old 05-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Jermizzle
VERSUS1™

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jermizzle will become famous soon enough
Default failed state inspection for tinted windshield banner!?!?

my 03 S2000 went to casey honda this afternoon for state inspection and after an hour they came back and told me it failed due to the tinted windshield banner!?!? i couldnt believe it, of all the other mods on my car and only thing that gets rejected is my windshield banner, seems like the inspector tried to reject it on purpose. i thought it was kinda funny at the time. I didnt even know you could'nt have a tinted windshield banner on your car. well anyways i guess i just have to remove it and take it back.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:05 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: failed state inspection for tinted windshield banner!?!?

you can have a strip of tint with no lettering of any kind that is no more then 3" from the top of the windshield.
Old 05-27-2005, 05:44 PM
roadrcr82
Registered Member

roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82

that sucks man i almost failed inspection because of my a pillar guages. some bs about them upstructing my view of the road. kinda funny cause the imspection sticker and county sticker obstructs my view more then anything else up there
Old 05-27-2005, 10:15 PM
ef_what?
representyoshit

ef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these partsef_what? is infamous around these parts

that sucks jeremy...from what i know, you could have one 3" from top of the windshield like fc735 said.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:35 AM
eclpsed
semicolonD.net

eclpsed eclpsed

I knew a guy with a new truck, 30 day tags wont even on it yet. He ordered from the deal with the #3 Dale E. windshild banner from chevy. Took it to the shop his DAD owned and got failed due to the banner!!!! The truck came from the dealer in Va like that! The real shitty part is it was in the middle of the glass couldnt be jus taken off he had to get a new windshield to drive the truck in Va. Now thats messed up.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:39 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by roadrcr82
that sucks man i almost failed inspection because of my a pillar guages. some bs about them upstructing my view of the road. kinda funny cause the imspection sticker and county sticker obstructs my view more then anything else up there

there is nothing in the inspection handbook about pillar pods or view obstruction. the only thing even close to that is cowl hoods. no more then 2.25" tall for any vehicle made 1990 and earlier, and anything after 1991 is 1.125" tall.

Originally Posted by eclpsed
I knew a guy with a new truck, 30 day tags wont even on it yet. He ordered from the deal with the #3 Dale E. windshild banner from chevy. Took it to the shop his DAD owned and got failed due to the banner!!!! The truck came from the dealer in Va like that! The real shitty part is it was in the middle of the glass couldnt be jus taken off he had to get a new windshield to drive the truck in Va. Now thats messed up.
that falls in the factory installed category, much like the Saleens do. it is legal, but most inspectors will reject for it like that. it takes some fighting, but it is legal.

Last edited by HatefulMechanic; 05-28-2005 at 05:41 AM.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:42 AM
91se-r
Registered Member

91se-r is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fc735
there is nothing in the inspection handbook about pillar pods or view obstruction. the only thing even close to that is cowl hoods. no more then 2.25" tall for any vehicle made 1990 and earlier, and anything after 1991 is 1.125" tall.
I was looking at the link posted in this thread: http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95046 and there was a blurb about obstructions here:
5. Any distortion or obstruction that interferes with a driver's vision; any alteration that has been made to a vehicle that obstructs the driver's clear view through the windshield. This may include but is not limited to large objects hanging from the inside mirror, CB radios or tachometers on the dash, hood scoops and other ornamentation on or in front of the hood that is not transparent.
It doesn't say anything about cowl hoods, only hood scoops.

Originally Posted by fc735
that falls in the factory installed category, much like the Saleens do. it is legal, but most inspectors will reject for it like that. it takes some fighting, but it is legal.
In that same area "glass and glazing" there was a blurb:
NOTE: Sunshading material on windshield displaying words, lettering, numbers or pictures is not approved and is not permitted.
It makes no mention of "factory installed" stickers. Where is the factory installed catagory? Thanks.

Last edited by 91se-r; 05-28-2005 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:43 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

the factory installed notice was in a bulletin that was sent out in 2003 if i recall.

and subsection 5 is a joke, that is one of the sections that was heavily reworked in the new manual.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:46 AM
91se-r
Registered Member

91se-r is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you have a link to the "new" book?
Old 05-28-2005, 12:41 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

no, cause its not published and distributed yet. it will be in paper form. i am not aware of it being online, the other day was the first time i have ever seen the code online before.

Quick Reply: failed state inspection for tinted windshield banner!?!?