Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

possible scam help me out

Old 06-15-2005, 03:57 PM
boostedgst97
cubs 4 life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boostedgst97 has disabled reputation
Default possible scam help me out

could this be a scam?? i inquired about a bike i saw on ebay this is the return email i recieved
Hello, I am so sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you, my e-mail server has been a mess.

Thank you for contacting me about the 2005 Honda CBR 600F4i with only 135 miles, in pristine condition ( VIN: JH2PC35075M600683 )

About the bike: it is in immaculate condition and has no scratch on and hasn't been involved in any accident.The motor runs very well. The bike is always garage kept and rarely used. The title is clear ,it is not a salvage one. I have legal document by which I can transfer the title to your name. The bike is still US registered so you will not have to pay any custom taxes. The bike is located in Berlin, Germany and I will shipp it from here,I will pay all the shipping fees. The price for the bike is $3,200.00US. The payment will be done in Germany. The delivery will take within 5 to 7 working days (with insurance and 30 days return policy) and it will be done by DAS.

It will be insured at the delivery service. If something happens on the road , you will receive the insurance from the delivery service.As soon as the bike arrives, you will test it and if it does not matches 100% to your expectations, you will return it in max. 30 days from the arrival date. In this case I will pay the return shipping and the insurance.

Terms: The transaction will be closed only through eBay, in this way we will both be protected. 30 days money back guarantee.

If the bike is what you are looking for and if you agree with these conditions then I will be glad to close this deal with you.

I will be waiting for your email.

what do you guys think legit or non legit
Old 06-15-2005, 04:11 PM
soulDistortion
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion
Default Re: possible scam help me out

It seems legit, but it seems like waaaay too much of a hassle. Shipping something that large/heavy overseas between two private parties, the odds of something going wrong in the process (especially the shipping process) are pretty high.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:12 PM
.eric.
Registered member

.eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric.

If you have any inclination that this is a scam, don't bid on it, don't buy it. Just click on the red X that's at the top right corner of the page.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is a scam.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:18 PM
boostedgst97
cubs 4 life

boostedgst97 has disabled reputation

he emailed me back again so if its a scam its a damn good one. he said he would pay for shipping so im not to worried about shipping.
Hi,

I must tell you that it is still available for sale, although I ended the auction on Ebay because another buyer wanted to buy it and in the end he told me he will need an loan and need more than one week to have the money in hand.I am not willing to wait for him that longer,esspecially he didn't tell me that from the beginning, this means that he is not an honest person.I don't like to do business with that kind of people. But here i have attached the pics.

I will ship the bike to you and it will take 5 to 7 working days till it will get at your home door and i will pay for the shipping.

If you want to buy it then we will close this deal through ebay for both our protection and for that i will need your full address and your phone number to prepare the shipping and also the name of the person who will sign when will receive the bike.Imediately I prepare it and I will contact eBay to start our transaction and they will contact you and will let you know the shipping and payment method.
I look forward for your email with the info that I requested.
Regards
Old 06-15-2005, 06:03 PM
2-D
Formerly Suicide.

2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D 2-D

i dunno man it seems pretty legit to me..if it is id jump on it but i dunno....it is questionable..
Old 06-15-2005, 06:07 PM
BKS_SC2

BKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond repute

Of course he'll pay the "shipping". You'll pay him the money, and then he'll pay the shipping, and then you wont have any bike and wont be able to do anything about it. This is obviously a scam - Wow a 2005 CBR for $3,000

Originally Posted by ndmood
If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is a scam.
Yep
Old 06-15-2005, 06:15 PM
RepairMan
none

RepairMan is an unknown quantity at this point

Do a search on the internet for overseas ebay scams..... This is a textbook one.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:31 PM
R1Buttercup
FTP! Cop's Lie!

R1Buttercup is an unknown quantity at this point

Told u it was a scam!! Post this in cycle forum, all the guys in there will agree with me. Do a search on ebay scams in cycle forum, someone has posted this before.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:41 AM
Tool Man
Registered Member

Tool Man has disabled reputation

Scam, tell him you're vacationing in Germany next week or being transfered to a base there and this would be perfect, you can bring him the money and pick up the bike in person. See what he says then.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Broke Neck
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

I had a roomate 2 years ago that bought a bike this way from Germany as well.

He delt with the middleman (delievery company) ... they get a cut of his sale as well. But when he got the bike ... he sent the money to the deliever company ... they sent him the bike to check out for a week ... then he ok'd the purchase and the delievery company then forked over the money to the owner.

but that was a '03 Gixxer 600 ... and he paid right around 3400 for it. And your getting a 05 for the same ... ? something is fishy about that.

Quick Reply: possible scam help me out