Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Tire blew out..

Old 06-17-2005, 11:08 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Tire blew out..

I had a stupid new tire blow out tonight.... Haven't had them on but for maybe like 2 weeks, and the piece of shit blew out tonight for an unknown reason. The inner side of the tire just blew the hell out, somehow or another, and split about halfway around. Probably not worth the trouble of trying to get it replaced since I've only had them for a matter of a few weeks at the most, is it? I'd really rather not spend another $150+ on a new tire if I don't have to. I hadn't abused them whatsoever, which is what's so weird about it. Still have hella tread and as far as I can tell, haven't had any unusual wear on the sidewall... but the inside sidewall just fucking split!

Amazing.

Just when everything starts to settle down and everything is cool, POP! Fuck you Fuzion.. Fuck you! Don't buy ZRI's.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:10 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Tire blew out..

BTW, I was a ricer for about a mile (1 minute on the road) with a steelie on the front. At least my spare is a full size spare with a decent tire
Old 06-18-2005, 03:47 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

contrary to popular belief *cough*firestone*cough* tires dont just blow out.

you more then likely hit something or ran over something, it caused the tire to lose air pressure, then it went. might not have seen it or felt it, but it probly happened.

Fuzions are pretty good tires, i have started carrying them at work now. very good inexpensive tire
Old 06-18-2005, 08:35 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by fc735
contrary to popular belief *cough*firestone*cough* tires dont just blow out.

you more then likely hit something or ran over something, it caused the tire to lose air pressure, then it went. might not have seen it or felt it, but it probly happened.

Fuzions are pretty good tires, i have started carrying them at work now. very good inexpensive tire
I wasn't trying to necessarily imply that they just imploded.. Obviously something caused it to blow but when I got in the car, the tire wasn't even low on air. I know that because I always open the door for my ol' lady and look at the tires on my way around the car. Sounds lame, but it helps me keep an eye on my car where I wouldn't normally see

There were actually two metal chards (sp?) stuck in the tire which apparently caused it to dramatically deflate and blow, I would imagine. I just heard a "POPPPPPPP." Sucks. I wasn't in a part of town that I would really want to stop and work on my car in if I had a choice. lol.. Didn't have much of a choice. Thank God for full sized spares. That's embarassing enough to have a full sized steelie on the car as opposed to a donut.. I'm just glad I didn't have to throw it on the back for the drive home and swap the back to the front. What a pain in the ass. I think I'm going to start carrying a floor jack in the hatch... LOL!