Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Windy ROADS

Old 08-29-2006, 07:36 AM
RE-SPECGARAGE
Danny@respecgarage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE
Default Re: Windy ROADS

Originally Posted by s13dori
Definatally if you want to race then take it to the track... but there is such a thing as driving for enjoyment for some people
maybe he just want to go on a cool road trip?? maybe not??

That is what I am looking for. I use to live in puerto rico where you could do this kind of scenic type driving. If you pushed to hard around the turns you would definetly die off the cliffs.

VBSPEC....Take your car to a track day and learn how badly you suck as a driver, and how capable even a stock car is before you kill yourself or your family. Do an Autocross even you, and you will see how slow you really are.

I couldn't agree with you more. I already have been to a handful of autox events....and yes I suck at driving. I like to blame the tires, but we all now your car is as fast as your capabilities. I have ran the west point event and a few ACU4 events. I'm also on autocross.us member: NISMOs14 and I run in SM. I plan on attending a few HPDE events before winter. I just thought it would be fun to take a fun scenic drive around some nice hillside mountains. Whatcha think?

I might of exaggerated a little when i said I wanted to test what my suspension could do.....lol. By no means was I tring to give the wrong inpression. I do not condone illegal street racing or what ever you want to call it. I'm not some punk kid who tries to drive like an asshole on public roads.

I agree with everything you have said, but don't tell me you have never wanted to take a ride around some nice scenic mountain roads.

Danny.

Last edited by RE-SPECGARAGE; 08-29-2006 at 07:50 AM. Reason: clearing things up
Old 08-29-2006, 09:00 AM
vbspec
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Ballin.... I guess it kinda came across a bit abrasive. I wrote a long post with links to a number of different sites but I guess it timed out. And, in my haste I kinda posted a rough little quick snip.

I have just read too many of these forums that people are totally uninformed, and talking about doing some seriousely dangerous things. Sorry if I jumped the gun. Like I said spirited driving with in reason is cool, and Jen posted Deal's Gap, also known at Tail of the Dragon. This road has like 300+ turns in 11 miles. I had plans on a trip ot there this fall but I think I'm going to wait untill spring. Nothing is really all that close to the Tidewater area but, any of the less traveled roads west of Richmond will have so really cool views and some awsome colors when the leaves start to change (some areas thats right now).

Best of luck.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:32 AM
WanganRunner
Inglip 2012

WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner

Originally Posted by murphy660
.... dude look on ma240 theres a whole 4 page thread about this
I started the above-referenced thread, and people did post some good stuff.

I'm investigating a few more that I've heard about this weekend, and if they're good I'm going to add them.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:40 AM
theBird

theBird has disabled reputation

Windy public roads that you're probably wondering about are about 8 hours west of Norfolk area. I recently went to Deal's Gap in the Smokey Mountains with Team Integra and had a blast. Even a stock car on a slightly upgraded suspension was cool.

A lot of motorcycles go but theres a lot of cars as well. I know the Miatas, Mini coopers all have their meet there for a weekend. Just be aware that this road is slightly dangerous of other vehicles and bikes going over the yellow line on turns and you get the occasional semi truck that blocks both lanes on turns.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

If the Dragon is too Windy and you want more of a scenic road then pretty much any parkway around the smokey mountains would be good.

And IMHO the Dragon puts that road in the example picture to shame.

Last edited by theBird; 08-29-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:47 PM
Tarzan Bakerada
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Axelerate started a post on autocross.us in the off topic section titled "fun mountain roads" and there are some suggested routes in the post.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:52 PM
RE-SPECGARAGE
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

Originally Posted by theBird
Windy public roads that you're probably wondering about are about 8 hours west of Norfolk area. I recently went to Deal's Gap in the Smokey Mountains with Team Integra and had a blast. Even a stock car on a slightly upgraded suspension was cool.

A lot of motorcycles go but theres a lot of cars as well. I know the Miatas, Mini coopers all have their meet there for a weekend. Just be aware that this road is slightly dangerous of other vehicles and bikes going over the yellow line on turns and you get the occasional semi truck that blocks both lanes on turns.

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

If the Dragon is too Windy and you want more of a scenic road then pretty much any parkway around the smokey mountains would be good.

And IMHO the Dragon puts that road in the example picture to shame.

thanks for the link. That is pretty much what I was looking for.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:19 AM
s13dori
Registered member

s13dori has disabled reputation

Ive always wanted to go to Deal's Gap and plan to around thanksgiving... there are also alot of cool road along the applicaians(spelling?) mountains in western Va, West Va and Kentucky
Old 09-05-2006, 04:35 AM
milanored95EG
Evil Bumblebee

milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG milanored95EG

As a owner of a Mini Cooper S i can say that the dragon is acutally a big event...a few hundred owners show up for a few days in may...they have everything from a group night run to the beer swap(where people from around the country bring local brews to swap)...