Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Just got my Innovative motor mounts in. Question.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:19 PM
TRQLESS
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Just got my Innovative motor mounts in. Question.

Originally Posted by backtoarms
I guess my biggest concern is, I wonder if the 3 post and 2 post brackets are interchangeable, so that I don't have to send mine back for the 2 post mount.
They are. I've had to change them back and forth. Just be sure to make the bolts tight enough on the block but not over tight because it is aluminum. And WILL crack easily. A torque wrench is your friend on this one. Just look up the specs and do it properly if you do it. Last thing you want is the motor to drop while driving.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:00 PM
crasy87rexsi
certified asshole

crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi crasy87rexsi

SO...to change that block mount you have to 1. remove accessory belts(alt/ac/ps) 2. remove crank pulley 3. remove timing cover 4. unbolt mount 5. put everything back on......orrrrrr just put mount in a box and mail it back to company and get new mount and then its a matter of 3 bolts to swap mounts.....hmmmm what to do, what to do........

annd yea yea just unbolt timing cover then fight with it to remove mount...my point is all this extra work and extra money for something that can be done so easy and simple.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:46 AM
TRQLESS
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

Also, dont forget, if you have the upper timing belt cover, the valve cover has to come off too. Because there is a lip that slides under the valve cover i believe.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 AM
backtoarms
Registered Member

backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms

I appreciate the advice guys, however, I'm a tech at Honda so I've done a million of these timing belts and know how to take the mounts/brackets/etc off. I just didn't know if the 2 post and 3 post mounts were interchangeable because I've never really observed the mounting designs before. And yeah, I hate how, just to take off the bracket, I have to practically perform a timing belt job. Oh well, I'm not sure when the last time the timing belt/water pump has been done, so maybe it wont be so bad to do it anyway, while I'm down there.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:58 AM
octavio18
Registered member

octavio18 has disabled reputation

just change the braket on the motor that the mount bolts up to get 95 integra braket its 3 bolts and 91-93 is two bolt