Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Speeding ticket break down.

Old 04-13-2010, 08:32 AM
IMSHAKN
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN
Default Re: Speeding ticket break down.

Originally Posted by STi_FTMFW
Figures we'd live in one of the shit colored states.
Originally Posted by Kim Jong Illin'
That's a little misleading for VA:
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...cod+46.2-842.1
Originally Posted by § 46.2-842.1. Drivers to give way to certain overtaking vehicles on divided highways.
It shall be unlawful to fail to give way to overtaking traffic when driving a motor vehicle to the left and abreast of another motor vehicle on a divided highway. On audible or light signal, the driver of the overtaken vehicle shall move to the right to allow the overtaking vehicle to pass as soon as the overtaken vehicle can safely do so. A violation of this section shall not be construed as negligence per se in any civil action.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:22 PM
REXsi90
Registered member

REXsi90 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by benflagg
Also in this country there is practically 0 driver education. You study a little book take a little test that I am certain my dog could pass, and then DING, you have permission to careen around public in a hulking piece of machinery, amidst pedestrians buildings and other poorly educated operators of heavy equipment.
It is much harder in the European Union to get a drivers license. Not only was the book my host sister had to know for the knowledge test effing huge, she had to pay a lot more to take the driving classes than we do in Virginia (if I recall correctly it was $100 when I was 16) and then she failed the test the first time because she made four small errors. She went back the second time and passed without a single error, but that is uncommon, apparently people can take the test four or five times before they pass... If you think it is bad in VA though do not come here. I am pretty sure it is worse here. The first two weeks I was here I saw on the news multiple accidents with over twenty people dead in the two weeks period of time. Just the night before last, at twelve in the morning when nobody was in the area, I saw a car that got demolished when it pulled out in front of a bus and got t-boned. I dunno if they people were okay because I came up on the tail end of it when they were moving the car. A lot of people here are into their 40s and 50s and do not know how to drive a car here though simply because Madrid's public transportation is so darn good. The bus, metro, and train here are excellent and a one way ticket can cost a little as a euro. We gotta catch on to this stuff in the States sometime or another, but its a bit harder because everything here is so close together and condensed that making a metro system like this is a lot more efficient.

Originally Posted by IMSHAKN
Its pretty much the same law here except for some reason they are a lot more conscious of it. And I feel like if you flash your lights from behind someone in the states you are very likely to get a ridiculous one-fingered reaction out of them, which while funny is also kind of sad. Here, when my host father has been driving and flashed his lights at someone they just move over end of story. I looked the first couple of times expecting to see indignant faces but half the time they were not even looking our way...
Old 04-14-2010, 06:13 AM
BuiltforSin
Ich liebe Bier

BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin BuiltforSin

Don't even get me started on Richmond drivers....
Old 04-14-2010, 06:38 AM
dirty c
Layin Frame

dirty c has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by BuiltforSin
Don't even get me started on Richmond drivers....
x2
Old 04-14-2010, 07:07 AM
MitsuEvo8
SUCKAFISH

MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8 MitsuEvo8

Originally Posted by STi_FTMFW
Are you guys talking about overseas? I've heard this about VA as well, but have never seen it enforced. I swear one day I saw a guy ride the left lane for miles with a cop in the middle lane. The cop wouldn't pass him on the right and the guy wouldn't get over or go above 65mph, I thought for sure the cop was going to nail his ass, but after about 2-3 miles he just passed on the right. I foamed... bad.
Im talking about here..