Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Saw new cop car today on Warick blvd

Old 08-25-2004, 04:52 PM
vbgsx
Try searching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vbgsx has disabled reputation
Default Re: Saw new cop car today on Warick blvd

Originally Posted by Saint_James
Yeah, uhh smart guy. I didn't know the state law about the tint. ..
You're wrong on several points but that's ok. I'm not coming down on you but I am fixing some mis-information out there. If you didn't know about it, then why make a statement about it. My whole thing, look things up(internet makes it easy) before putting up something you're not sure about(laws, etc).

But if an emergency vehicle is responding to a serious call, they will get through traffic as quickly as possible. Not at 6pm wanting to evade the light so he flashes his flashers and pulls into Taco Bell..
Yes they try to get to a call as quickly as possible. If it's a robbery in progress(or many other examples I can give), the lights and sirens are usually cut a mile before they get there. So not to announce their presence to the suspect. This is not hard to understand and can't be argued.

Police do bend the laws very heavily in their favor all the time,......
Did you read my first post at all? I said "I'm also not saying some of them haven't abuse it also."

And a personal vehicle should not be used as an emergency vehicle,.
I agree. And when I said driving their personal vehicle, I meant not on duty. They may go to court in their personal vehicles(va Bch does) or may be picking children up at day care, etc. Like I said though, they still have LE powers. Now as far as trying to pull you over in a personal vehicle......I'll see if I can find the state guidelines for that.

but if it is, it should do the same things that one should. i.e. stop for stranded motorists on the road ( I still couldn't believe that one)..
For this one, there are no State guidelines that makes it mandatory. It's up to individual Departments to put out their own guidelines. Va Beach's states that they should render aid if possible. If they are on a case, then the case comes first(priority given to the most important). Now if he's off duty and in his personal vehicle, it's up to him if he wants to stop and help. Why didn't you stop?...oh yeah, you were late for work and in a rush. Well maybe he was late for something and in a rush. From what you described, it doesn't sound like he was on duty or in a police vehicle.

And any cop that breaks the law has to have physical proof that he/she is doing so. That means that they have to be videotaped the entire time or wired. They have to prove what they said so it can be held up in court.
Really? And where did you read that? What Court desisions or Laws say that? There is no law or court ruling that states there must be a video or recording. The Officer's testimony and any other evidence(drugs, money, etc)is all that's needed. Tapes, videos are nice, add more evidence and can be evaluated aferwards, but not mandatory!

Last edited by vbgsx; 08-25-2004 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:47 AM
AllMotr
Banned

AllMotr is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Saw new cop car today on Warick blvd

Originally Posted by Abysalone
Saw a Red Dodge Ram in the median on 168 a few weeks ago. Then over the hill cops were waiting to pull people. There was a female cop in the truck with radar on it. As soon as you got over the hill the cops were pulling out to get speeders. I guess she would clock them and then radio the cops.
yeah back home(Stlouis) they stand on overpasses and shoot radar and radio i ahead and iv seen it here also...
Old 09-02-2004, 05:00 AM
AllMotr
Banned

AllMotr is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: Saw new cop car today on Warick blvd

Old 09-02-2004, 05:33 AM
Tarzan Bakerada
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by blasko
also lots of cops drive theyre own cars and take the portable lights with them.

the cop in my neighborhood sometimes drives his stang, his jeep, and even his 87 toyota truck.

yea i no a cop that drives his lifted white jeep with a full size spare in the back and a pungo off road sticker on the rear windsheild.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Jester_Si
Jungle Boogie

Jester_Si has disabled reputation

My favorite unmarked is the new ram 1500 hemi on 20's. Its silver with black windows and the sticker on the back makes it....."Its a hemi" . It had a mustang pulled on 264 before the tunnel.

I love this....
Originally Posted by AllMotr