Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

car wont start

Old 03-13-2005, 06:55 AM
one pnt 8 hatch
The Dune Coon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one pnt 8 hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default car wont start

i have a 90 CRX Si with a B16a swap. my car started miss firing a week ago or so and i couldnt figure out why. i replaced the wires it would go away and then come back. the plugs were fine. so i replaced the rotor button and it started fine and ran good. then the other day when i was driving home from work my car turned off and wouldnt start. and it would start up after being off for a minute. it happened like that on the way home about 4 or 5 times and the 5th being the last time it turned off and wouldnt start. replaced cap, coil, wires, has lots of spark, checked fuel has fuel,i checked timing, its fine, fuel pump kicks on, im completely stumped. someone help.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:02 AM
MABAGAL
Means Slow

MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of
Default Re: car wont start

hmmm...maybe a short some where and your pcm is doing something odd on your fuel ...check your wires for any short. that may help.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:04 AM
black6gen
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve

Check your connections and wires on the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors there might be a broken wire connecting and disconnecting.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:42 AM
16jdmCX
Smile Bitch

16jdmCX has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by one pnt 8 hatch
i have a 90 CRX Si with a B16a swap. my car started miss firing a week ago or so and i couldnt figure out why. i replaced the wires it would go away and then come back. the plugs were fine. so i replaced the rotor button and it started fine and ran good. then the other day when i was driving home from work my car turned off and wouldnt start. and it would start up after being off for a minute. it happened like that on the way home about 4 or 5 times and the 5th being the last time it turned off and wouldnt start. replaced cap, coil, wires, has lots of spark, checked fuel has fuel,i checked timing, its fine, fuel pump kicks on, im completely stumped. someone help.
I know this is gonna sound of the subject b/c you have a honda, but when i worked at chrysler ( i now work at nissan ) alot of the cars had good plugs in them and they would run but misfire all the time. The was something wrong with the type of plug they were putting in the cars. Try changing your plugs to a higher grade. They may look good but a misfire problem is either plugs or wires and sometimes both. Sorry if im not any help but IMO every bit counts.

Dave
Old 03-14-2005, 05:50 PM
jlgrtype
Full Access Member

jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype

you have covered the mayor parts, but have you cheked your fuel filter, just in case.