Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

places to dyno in the 757 area

Old 03-06-2003, 11:15 AM
ucinathan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ucinathan is an unknown quantity at this point

to tell you the truth no i don't know much about a dyno. we used to have to put our cars on the rollers up in northern va. for emmissions but no i don't know what a mustang dyno is.
Old 03-06-2003, 11:31 AM
DoC-JoneS
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

a chassis dynometer is where the entire hydraulic drum setup is on a rigid chassis. a mustang dynometer is basically a modular dyno. you assemble it where you're going to set it up. mustang dyno's are not as accurate as chassis dynojets. They often throw out bogus tq and hp numbers. If you want a decent idea of your performance, go for the mustang their cheaper to do. But if you are serious about it go with the chassis dynojet.
Old 03-07-2003, 09:36 AM
ucinathan

ucinathan is an unknown quantity at this point

ok thanks for the info man i appreciate it a bunch
Old 03-07-2003, 10:40 AM
YOURABEAST
tUSpeed

YOURABEAST has disabled reputation

Originally posted by DoC-JoneS
Abacus i believe has two chassis dynojets (one in the shop and the other one mobile). That's just my .02
Abacus has an engine dyno and a portable chassis dyno.

Mustang Dynos added factors into the mix to give you a better idea of real HP numbers on the street.
Old 03-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Michael Kilgore

Michael Kilgore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Good DoC Giving Inaccurate Info

Originally posted by DoC-JoneS
a chassis dynometer is where the entire hydraulic drum setup is on a rigid chassis. a mustang dynometer is basically a modular dyno. you assemble it where you're going to set it up. mustang dyno's are not as accurate as chassis dynojets. They often throw out bogus tq and hp numbers. If you want a decent idea of your performance, go for the mustang their cheaper to do. But if you are serious about it go with the chassis dynojet.

Unfortunately, those of you who depend on individuales who are not equipped to give you accurate or truthful information are subject to making decisions which are less than adequate. I suggest that you read articles such as those in the April '02 issue of 5.0 Mustang, April 2003 issue of Speedway Illustrated, www.westechperformance.com and a number of web-based tech sites which will explain to you, accurately, what a chassis dyno is and the differences between the two basic types, the inertia type, such as the DynoJet and the eddy-current type, such as the Land & Sea and Mustang. Suffice to say that the most basic difference between the inertia and eddy-current types of dynos is that the eddy-current type gives you actual H/P numbers where the rubber meets the road. That is to say that the computer takes into account the weight of the vehicle and some, such as the Mustang even apply drag coefficient numbers to simulate the parasitic drag of moving through the air. You can do no simulations, to the best of my knowledge, with an inertia-only dyno. Racing simulations can only be done through the use of an eddy-current or an AC-type dyno, which only the richest teams in racing can afford. If you are only interested in a "calculated" H/P and torque number then an inertia dyno can be utilized. If you want to simulate actual racing conditions, drag, circle or road race, as well as developing H/P and torque numbers, then you must use an eddy-current-style dyno.

For your further information; in order for a chassis dyno to report engine crankshaft relative torque values (from which H/P is calculated), the software must know the dyno roll shaft torque, the roll shaft RPM and the engine crankshaft RPM. By using these three items the software can calculate the engine crankshaft torque by taking the dyno shaft torque times the dyno shaft RPM and dividing that figure and dividing it by the engine RPMS.

I hope that you will take the time to read these and other articles and arm yourself with the data that it takes to make informed decisions rather than accept the ramblings of the less knowledgeable. Do you really think that Roger Penski would own anything but that which meets his specs? I think that you have fun with the research. If you belong to a "drag" web-site why not try dyno-drags? Call 757- 825-6647.
Best regards,
Michael
Old 03-09-2003, 05:40 PM
DoC-JoneS
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS

i'm not doubting you're right man. i know about as much about dyno's as i do a 4g63. I was simply relating to what i know. I' would be more inclined to do some dyno draging michael but right now i'm wating on tax returns so i can replace my nearly dead motor mounts. no launching on bad mounts. otherwise i'd be more than willing to play ball.