Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.
View Poll Results: which is a better bike
cbr 600 rr
24.00%
cbr 600 f4i
40.00%
other
36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

choices

Old 06-10-2005, 09:15 AM
suadi's gto
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
suadi's gto has disabled reputation
Default Re: choices

Originally Posted by boostedgst97
the reason i want a 600 new is bc first off i cant see payin what i would be payin in a used bike when a brand new bike is like 2k more sometimes less. plus honda has a deal right now with a plan everything is covered for like 50 a month and when i say everything i mean everything. 2nd i want a warrenty. 3rd im stickin with this bike for a while i dont need anything bigger than a 600. 4th i plan on using it as a cruise bike im not trying to be worlds best stunt rider or even tryin to be one in the first place.
Ok, as you say, you just want to ride and cruise instead of stunt/race, so F4i and others that doesn't say R/RR at the end would be a good choice for you.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Orange_Fly_Bye
Registered Member

Orange_Fly_Bye has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by suadi's gto
Ok, as you say, you just want to ride and cruise instead of stunt/race, so F4i and others that doesn't say R/RR at the end would be a good choice for you.
Indeed my friend!!!

I agree with you(thread starter) on the price diffrence, but insurance will be higher cause its a new bike.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Mr.6
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

What the more experienced riders are getting at as far as used goes is if you drop that new bike, it will drop 1-3k in value. Even if it's a pety drop, people will want to pay less for it. So just get a used one that someone has probably (or not) already dropped, and just have a good look at it. You will save a hell of a lot of money overall if you buy used dude. Sure that deal with Honda sounds good, but A: When those 50 months are over and it isnt fully paid for, then how sweet will that deal look? B: Insurance is gonna 0wn you C: You risk the chance of dropping the bike (as it's your first) and knocking 1-3k off it, which is what it would have cost you for a used one in better condition (compared to a just dropped new bike) that is sold WITH gear.

Unless Honda is giving you helmet and jacket, rear stand, a bike 1500-3000 bucks cheaper than a new bike, then i wouldnt get it. The problems that would be covered under warranty are so minute amongst most bikes that its probably (again) not worth getting a new bike. Unless they are giving you lifetime free maintainence or some shit, you might as well forget it.