Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Registraton Ticket..

Old 06-23-2005, 05:05 AM
GaRn
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Registraton Ticket..

Alright..

I wasn't planning on driving my car until I got it fixed, I broke the center valve cover stud TWICE(original and replacement).. Yea I torqued it to spec too... anyways..

My gf's clutch is slipping bad/going out so I had to pick her up, so I had to get my car back on the road, stayed up to 12 last night getting it ready so I could drive it.

Just my luck, I got a ticket for not having an up to date registration b/c I forgot to since I thought I would not have been driving argh.. So basically, I am asking if you guys have gotten this and if most of you have gotten it dropped and if so exactly how? (Before court and how?)

I went ahead and renewed it online for 2 years so I don't have to worry about it ha..
Old 06-23-2005, 05:51 AM
gonzoe00
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve
Default Re: Registraton Ticket..

Originally Posted by GaRn
Alright..

I wasn't planning on driving my car until I got it fixed, I broke the center valve cover stud TWICE(original and replacement).. Yea I torqued it to spec too... anyways..

My gf's clutch is slipping bad/going out so I had to pick her up, so I had to get my car back on the road, stayed up to 12 last night getting it ready so I could drive it.

Just my luck, I got a ticket for not having an up to date registration b/c I forgot to since I thought I would not have been driving argh.. So basically, I am asking if you guys have gotten this and if most of you have gotten it dropped and if so exactly how? (Before court and how?)

I went ahead and renewed it online for 2 years so I don't have to worry about it ha..
You got the car on the road for real Praise be to the car gods
Old 06-23-2005, 06:00 AM
boostedvenge
Registered Member

boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge boostedvenge

If you did it online, print out your confirmation if the sticker(s) don't get to you before your court date. Bring that in with you and it SHOULD get thrown out, or at least reduced.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:01 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

If you already got it renewed, just go to court.. explain the circumstances, and that you immediately renewed the registration online after being pulled over. Consider it dropped. That's all you need to do, but make sure you have proof of when you renewed it. Did you get a print out or anything?
Old 06-23-2005, 06:04 AM
00CivicGirl
Registered Member

00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

do what they said. just explain the car hadnt been running and you had to drive it unexpectly (sp). just take all your receipts and the print outs from DMV and show it to them. they should drop it after that
Old 06-23-2005, 07:11 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Thanks I will def. do that, yea I printed out the reciept page thing..

I hate going to court bla..
Old 06-23-2005, 07:20 AM
gonzoe00
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Thanks I will def. do that, yea I printed out the reciept page thing..

I hate going to court bla..
Turbo Lude = Court better get us to it . Just dont try to Lude the 5 0
Old 06-23-2005, 07:27 AM
GaRn
Registered member

hahaha, I have talked to a few ppl that said I could get it dropped before even going to court.. not sure how I would go about this?
Old 06-24-2005, 04:01 AM
cootees
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

hahaha, I have talked to a few ppl that said I could get it dropped before even going to court.. not sure how I would go about this?
I don't know how that would work. Things will typically get dropped if you correct it within a few days of getting a ticket. Make sure you have proof of a date to show when you had it corrected.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:03 PM
vtecderek
Registered member

vtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these partsvtecderek is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by boostedvenge
If you did it online, print out your confirmation if the sticker(s) don't get to you before your court date. Bring that in with you and it SHOULD get thrown out, or at least reduced.
. while waiting in court for my case last week. i saw them thrown out everytime.

but if they need money they still might make you pay court cost.