Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

All Motor Tech Question

Old 10-05-2003, 06:16 AM
B16ASilverHonda
FredVegas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about
Default All Motor Tech Question

Well this might be for the more advanced guys out there...

But my next mod on my car im looking to get some crower or skunk2 stage 2 cams, valves, valve springs, and retainers.

Now my question to you is, when i install the new valves, if anyone has these in thier car, do i have to send my head off to have the valve seat grinded to match the new valve face on the valves i will be installing in my motor (JDM B16A). Help is much appricated
Old 10-06-2003, 05:11 PM
B16ASilverHonda
FredVegas

B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about

Anyone?
Old 10-07-2003, 04:57 AM
S dot Camp
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

You don't "have" to have the machine shop install the new valves. You can get some seat grinding compound and seat the new valves yourself if you like. You will also need to make sure that the installed height on the spring and retainer combination is correct or you can have retainer to rocker arm clearance issues. Also, the machine shop can check valve spring pressure at the seat and at maximum lift to ensure you have the correct pressures for the camshafts you are running. Just precautionary stuff though.

Last edited by S dot Camp; 10-07-2003 at 06:47 AM.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:05 AM
CHAHONDA
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Old 10-07-2003, 01:41 PM
B16ASilverHonda
FredVegas

Originally posted by 0psi
You don't "have" to have the machine shop install the new valves. You can get some seat grinding compound and seat the new valves yourself if you like. You will also need to make sure that the installed height on the spring and retainer combination is correct or you can have retainer to rocker arm clearance issues. Also, the machine shop can check valve spring pressure at the seat and at maximum lift to ensure you have the correct pressures for the camshafts you are running. Just precautionary stuff though.
Gracias
Old 10-07-2003, 04:59 PM
S dot Camp
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Not a problem.