Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

for all you toyota people out there...

Old 04-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Mr.2
i probably hate you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: for all you toyota people out there...

stock rods

these are strong motors. with good tuning 350 will be no problem with completly stock internals. tuning is the key.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:39 AM
Jestible
BRB, shark week.

Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible

Yeah, stock rods are forged and made for power. The only thing you would even remotely think about doing would be pistons.. just to lower compression ratio (with a 8.8:1 ratio stock in I/IIgen 3s-gte, then lowered again in the IIIgen 3s).
Old 04-06-2004, 03:45 AM
ToyotaTechGeek
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

seriously, Mr.2 is right. tuning will be the KEY with a gen III 3SGT-E. the pistons will be fine.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:52 AM
ToyotaTechGeek
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

Originally Posted by audiophile24
wow all that to put in new pistons? i thought you just slap rods on the pistons the rings and oil rings onto the piston took a piston ring compressor and dropped it in then hooked the connecting rod to the crank never heard so much went into it.......im just dumb i suppose.

that would be the price you would pay for 'thinking'.

yeah, engine building is an exact science. many people don't even know to create a 'clean room' for engine building. i am such a 'geek' about things that i buy all new lubricants for a rebuild so as to not introduce any kind of contamination, have my torque wrenches calibrated, and have my tools either steam cleaned or i parts and brake clean everything after i've broken-down my ratchets. let's not forget lint-free rags and cleaning the engine stand.