Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

question d16a6 speedometer

Old 04-29-2004, 07:13 PM
ProjektHatch
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ProjektHatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default question d16a6 speedometer

ok, where the speedo-cable goes into the trans, it keeps poppin out, and im gettin a code 1 and 17 flashing when its in all the way..... what is supposed to keep this end of the cable attached to the spot on the trans? i need to get it secured so my speedo doesnt work intermittently... i thought about a cable tie, but is there something i am missing that i could get from a junkyard for cheap?

also... when i hold a steady speed, the car seems to lightly hesitate a few times, then back to normal, then does it all over again... is this pressure leak somewhere or fuel system related?
Old 04-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Bert
hybrid no more :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert Bert
Default Re: question d16a6 speedometer

code 1 is your oxygen content (most likely o2 sensor). this has nothing to do w/ speed sensor. for you speed sensor, there should be a "C" clip that holds the cable in the tranny. to lock the speed sensor, i found it easiest to put the clip on the transmission speed sensor first, then try to put the cable in till it is locked in. try to pull the cable out to see if it is locked. don't try to rip it out but see if you can get some tension on the cable. kinda hard to explain how much tension to pull but once you get it right, you can kinda feel it when it's locked in. if it isn't locked in try closing the c clip a little and press the cable harder into the tranny... it should eventually lock.
HTH