Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

OMFG~!!! Do I Have Crankwalk~!!??

Old 05-20-2003, 03:25 PM
Hybrid AWD
Your Local DSM Tech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

oh yeah... just pull your pan and the engine girdle and look at the thrust bearing.... i can send you pictures of my week old bearing and show you what cw looks like
Old 05-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Jeff Taylor
Registered Member

Jeff Taylor has a spectacular aura aboutJeff Taylor has a spectacular aura about

Another problem with a 4G? No surprise there ;-)
Old 05-20-2003, 07:18 PM
YeloBlitzEclips
Rice -4- Life

YeloBlitzEclips is on a distinguished road

yea, im gonna check the thrust bearing pretty soon. if it is crankwalk, oh well, better start saving up....damn...i was tryin to get some volk wheels pretty soon too. hey hybrid, you think you could post that pic up? thanks
Old 05-21-2003, 11:24 AM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

go do some sharp left turns.. if this is where it sticks it is crankwalk... if it is crankwalk it will stick at the floor though.. it won't really lose pressure.. check your master and slave cylinder as said already, and bleed the clutch also. if it is indeed cranwalk, and you can't afford a new engine but know someone who can do engine work, then tear apart the block and offset the bearing. it will not walk if you do this.