Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

My stock block GSR dyno chart...

Old 12-20-2006, 01:39 PM
GST342hp
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GST342hp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My stock block GSR dyno chart...

The AFR's just need to be smoothed better in a few spots. Especially when VTEC engages. Pretty good power though.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:48 PM
tecnic1
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

Originally Posted by GST342hp
The AFR's just need to be smoothed better in a few spots. Especially when VTEC engages. Pretty good power though.
9 out of 10 vtec honda's have that exact same afr spike at crossover...
Old 12-21-2006, 07:16 AM
EGbobby
Registered Member

EGbobby is on a distinguished road

how much was it to get tuned and how long did it take?>
just curious because i just got my ls/vtec tuned.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:23 AM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by tecnic1
On a totally unrelated note..I was really happy with grey/millennium and the tune they did. I know they get beat up a lot on here, but they did a great job.

to Millennium. Was it Crome that your tuned on?

Those are good numbers. Up that compression and really make some power.

My friend made 200whp and upper 130 torque on a stock port head, Skunk2 Pro1s, 12.X something compression, ProFab header on Milleniums dyno.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:59 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

9 out of 10 vtec honda's have that exact same afr spike at crossover...
Yeah, it's pretty common if the AFR is where it should be. The closer to stoich, the bigger swings you'll have when something small changes. Running rich will tend to mask jumps like that because you already have too much fuel and are quickly going outside of the accuracy range of the O2 sensor.

Anyway, spikes like that can be tuned out pretty easily by tweaking the vtec and non-vtec fuel maps right around the crossover point. Nothing special, but takes a bit more dyno time than a standard tune. There are some fuel transport delay issues also, but the time constant should be about the same as the time it takes the slow solenoid to lock the rockers so I'm not sure. I have seen that jumpiness a lot though.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:28 AM
tecnic1
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

It took about 2 billable hours of tuning, 30 minutes of which was partial throttle/tip in tuning.

more compression might push it over 200, but I'm not going to pull the engine for 7hp. if the engine comes out I'm doing compression, displacement and headwork at the same time..and I sorta think the pro1s are a little better cam then the stage 2s
Old 12-21-2006, 08:44 AM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

It took about 2 billable hours of tuning, 30 minutes of which was partial throttle/tip in tuning.

more compression might push it over 200, but I'm not going to pull the engine for 7hp. if the engine comes out I'm doing compression, displacement and headwork at the same time..and I sorta think the pro1s are a little better cam then the stage 2s
Well, Civicboy88 is my friend that had that build. The car is forsale on here, 2LiterGSR owns it now.

Civicboy88 has a Civic Si with a 98+ Spec JDM ITR motor with Skunk2 Stage 2s and it made 190 to the wheels tuned on S100.

Your a hatch, so your car probably bails.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:18 PM
GST342hp
Registered member

GST342hp is an unknown quantity at this point

Attached is a dyno chart of my boys turbo B16 that Ross tuned. It was just a QUICK tune. My friend didn't pay him but an hour. Another hour and things could have been damn near perfect. He did it in like 4 or 5 pulls. Different cams were going in the week after so he just did a quick tune and got the AFR's and VTEC smoothing pretty decent for the little time it took him. I guess it would make a difference with NA motors being more affected by small timing or fuel changes.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dynotravis.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	35579  
Old 12-21-2006, 07:34 PM
tecnic1
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

Originally Posted by GST342hp
Attached is a dyno chart of my boys turbo B16 that Ross tuned. It was just a QUICK tune. My friend didn't pay him but an hour. Another hour and things could have been damn near perfect. He did it in like 4 or 5 pulls. Different cams were going in the week after so he just did a quick tune and got the AFR's and VTEC smoothing pretty decent for the little time it took him. I guess it would make a difference with NA motors being more affected by small timing or fuel changes.
apples and oranges....

I went throught the all motor dyno thread and 9 out of 10 of the afr charts had the same spike....

And god knows that if I "just took my car to ross" I would have made 250...
Old 12-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Boostfed
Kimchee Wiggler

Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed

Do you have power steering on the car? If you do pull the belt and you will gain between 3-7whp just from that, works everytime on a Honda

Quick Reply: My stock block GSR dyno chart...