Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Just wrecked my R6 can anyone help?

Old 07-22-2007, 03:50 PM
gilligan
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Just wrecked my R6 can anyone help?

have to be careful with new shoes..
Old 07-22-2007, 04:24 PM
I<3Strippers!
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

damn that sucks horribly
Old 07-22-2007, 05:38 PM
93civicgone
Tattoo man

93civicgone has disabled reputation

that really sucks im sorry for your bad turnout but damn, i cant help but to smile at that one......you should be able to get them to compensate the damages, they did the work, but then again being on a bike they can always so its not the tire its the amount of compentance on the driver, so thats gonna be tough
Old 07-22-2007, 05:38 PM
s2k7

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by NoRider
That sucks dude, I'm new at bikes to, so I didn't know that either, he REALLY should have told you, I would call a lawyer and tell them what happened over the phone to see if you have a case, I would assume that you don't, but if the tire has a warning, they should have passed the warning on to you, so they might be liable. btw if you are getting rid of it, can I have your rear fairing and seat? I have an FZR and the convesrions to R6's are quite common.

Calling a lawyer would do you no good. This is known, and is in the owners manual of bikes. This same rule applies to cars as well, always allow a break in period.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:28 AM
djgrom
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom
Thumbs down Re: Just wrecked my R6 can anyone help?

Originally Posted by NoRider
That sucks dude, I'm new at bikes to, so I didn't know that either, he REALLY should have told you, I would call a lawyer and tell them what happened over the phone to see if you have a case, I would assume that you don't, but if the tire has a warning, they should have passed the warning on to you, so they might be liable. btw if you are getting rid of it, can I have your rear fairing and seat? I have an FZR and the convesrions to R6's are quite common.
That is exactly what we need, more useless legal suits.....
Old 07-23-2007, 07:01 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by djgrom
That is exactly what we need, more useless legal suits.....
Exactly. That's a big part of the reason why a lot of small bike shops cannot stay in business... They're often not insured, and someone sues them over something they should already know. Common sense.

A lot of shops will also no longer install aftermarket parts unless you bought it through them, meaning you can't bring your own parts... It's all part of liability!

Sorry to hear you wrecked your bike, but you should have known not to ride even remotely aggressive on a brand new rear tire.
Old 07-23-2007, 09:49 AM
oNi
Urusai! Baka!

oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi oNi

Sucks to hear that man, yeah woulda been nice had the shop told you though, first time I brought the bike in for a tire change the guy gave me a heads up on taking it easy first 100 miles til the slick coat wore off, if it weren't for someone telling me that I wouldn't have known.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Mongoose87
Slow ass car

Mongoose87 has disabled reputation

same here, The shop I got mine done at warned me of it also...
Old 07-24-2007, 07:22 AM
1991Si
Registered Member

1991Si has disabled reputation

I used to work at Champion Motorsports in Herndon and this used to happen all the time. That gel coating or whatever is on the tires makes them very slippery. We had a sales guy eat shit on a brand new zx-12r or something like that because of the new tire coating.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:26 AM
BentValve
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Originally Posted by Alwayslast
The tech or your paperwork for the tire change should say to take it easy for the first 100 miles.
+ 1. The guy who did the tire change should have told you but you should have also known this.