Notices
Other Selling, Buying, Trading for Everything Else.
Examples: Furniture, Pets, Clothes, etc.
Be sure to read the rules before creating a thread.

Sig Sauer P228 9mm Pistol for Sale

Old 12-24-2008, 07:50 AM
93civiccpe
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93civiccpe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sig Sauer P228 9mm Pistol for Sale

I'm not sure whether or not it was Fairfax County or not. A lot of the counties have switched because a few other firearm dealers are giving them really good deals to switch to their firearms. (Glock had an insane deal for them around here). My dealer said that when he gets these in, he's just told that they are either Police trade-in or Police confiscation. This one was definitely carried a lot as it has a good bit of external wear but the barrel is still tight and puts really nice groupings on paper. That's all I know.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:53 AM
jbstewart02
Registered Member

jbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by EMFhatesElambz
Looks like there's some nicks on it, not chunks. Is how it looks gonna make it shoot better?

Great price, great gun. GLWS.
No it's not going to make it shoot any different but if I'm gonna pay that much for something then I want to look ok. I also know what wear marks look like I've been carrying for a long time. So let's just keep your comments to yourself.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:09 AM
93civiccpe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jbstewart02
No it's not going to make it shoot any different but if I'm gonna pay that much for something then I want to look ok. I also know what wear marks look like I've been carrying for a long time. So let's just keep your comments to yourself.

Hey,
I understood, which is why I pm'd you and have dropped the price even more. If you think $410 is still too much, please pm me and let me know what you were thinking, as I've requested before. This is taking a loss off of a great shooting gun. There are several places out there that do refinishing jobs for between $100 and $150 which will beadblast the minor nicks in the finish and re-coat it with whatever style you want. That was my plan for this. I was going to have an OD Green and Black tigerstripe pattern done across the whole gun in a new finish that uses Nano-technology and teflon so that the finish actually resists chipping and is self lubricating. If you want that source, I'll pm you. I would just like to hear back in a PM as I've pm'd you about this already and haven't heard back. I don't need arguments in here, I'm trying to just get this sold. I know what these sell for. The p228's with minor imperfections go for $500-550 and the ones in clean condition are $650 and more. I truly believe that this current price is more than fair, but pm me if you have any questions or comments.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:24 PM
jbstewart02
Registered Member

jbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to alljbstewart02 is a name known to all

That reply was for the the other guy. I know they are great weapons and I'm not trying to take your thread off course so GLWS

Thanks
Old 12-24-2008, 01:32 PM
93civiccpe
Registered Member

No problem, and just an update, it looks like it is Sold Pending Funds. If anything changes I'll let you know but I have an enthusiastic buyer who I doubt will fall through. Thanks for all the interest!