Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

the rx2.3 lives!!! ...kinda

Old 03-15-2004 | 08:50 AM
litlespic
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic
Default Re: the rx2.3 lives!!! ...kinda

calm down, it was a joke

I just like the 2.3t's never worked or rode in or seen a rotary engine, Ive never tried to get into them.. so I dont know what they are like or if I would like them.
Old 03-15-2004 | 02:24 PM
fatboyee
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

hey seis, two points of interest...

1) to take a PINTO motor and run 11s on STOCK internals is accomplishing alot more than a motor that would cost you 2-3times more...

2) don't bring your 757 bs to central and start bashing people's rides. central's got enough problems in it's self w/o outsiders bringing negativity here. thanx bro
Old 03-15-2004 | 02:39 PM
litlespic
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

Old 03-15-2004 | 04:16 PM
MSeunos
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

the differnece is, i believe the motor cost like ... next to nothing. i dont remember the exact cost but he got it from another on of our friends who had like 2 or 3 of em for crazy cheap. plus its probably a bit more reliable than the 13b. but thats just me saying something.
Old 03-15-2004 | 04:18 PM
fatboyee
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 93Eunos
the differnece is, i believe the motor cost like ... next to nothing. i dont remember the exact cost but he got it from another on of our friends who had like 2 or 3 of em for crazy cheap. plus its probably a bit more reliable than the 13b. but thats just me saying something.
pardon me for quoting a country song but...

"you say it best, when you say nothing at all"

lol. jp
Old 03-15-2004 | 04:18 PM
MOO COW
Badgers Badgers

MOO COW has disabled reputation

nice stereo
Old 03-15-2004 | 07:58 PM
TripleSeis
Refugee

TripleSeis has disabled reputation

don't stress it. I was just messing. i always spread the hate when ppl drop pistons in a rotary....its just not right. Yeah the 2.3t is waaaay cheaper then any turbo rotary motor for sure. But i hardly believe its better or equal
Old 03-15-2004 | 08:09 PM
litlespic
RS Doscientos

I dont know of any engine that doubling the stock hp is so easy. well in the merkur that is.. about 45 less hp out of the box... althought I dont know many motors... but by no means a top fuel drag car.. just a little fun 4 cylinder that was first put in a pinto...
Old 03-15-2004 | 08:52 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Old 03-16-2004 | 08:37 AM
onepointone
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TripleSeis
haha if the times above my post are the only proof of that then your wrong litledick
FBs can run mid to high 11s on stock cosmo motor/turbos. low to high 10s on stock FD motor/turbos. But then again i guess the understanding of rotary tunning would be too complicated for turbo ford guys. Another 7 bastardized. ugh when will the madness stop

a.) i could do that because the car was sitting under a tree for 2 years, and was going to go to the junk yard. it had a blown apex seal and i was the only person that showed interested in saving the car.

b.) i had a 13b that was going to go in the car, but when i tore it down it i found i needed new rotor housings, thats 364 a peice RIGHT there, not to mention a rebuild kit, carb setup, manifold, exhaust, and all kinds of other shit, your talking 2000+ right there.

c.) cosmo motors? fd motors? lets spend 50x more on the motor than the car?

d.) ive been around rotaries for the better part of 5 years, dont think i took "the easy way out"

theres no way a 13b, but less a 12a is going to run 10's or 11's for 3 times as much as i have put into this car as it sits.

thanks for the comments everyone else