Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

something wrong?

Old 03-15-2004, 05:53 PM
bOOsTiNb18b
Boost Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bOOsTiNb18b has disabled reputation
Default Re: something wrong?

Originally Posted by spooledex
How do you know its the TB. does it idle okay or go up and down. What do you think the TB is causing? Is it stuck or what. I think it's the driver and the bad 60 will effect the rest of the run aka the TRAP
Cause theres a actual V shapped piece missing on it. Idle is fine and steady somewhere between 700-750. I think its probably causing the air to not flow in correctly which is probably causing some hp loss which explains the low trap. Yeah he knows the 60ft isnt that good but how can that cause the trap to be low? I thought getting off the line doesnt affect the trap?

zappas- yeah were gonna go ahead and check the timing whenever i have some free time and try to figure out something with the tb, then go to the track this sunday or next sunday and ill tell you the results
Old 03-22-2004, 09:13 PM
superls92
Registered Member

superls92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: something wrong?

Originally Posted by bOOsTiNb18b
Cause theres a actual V shapped piece missing on it. Idle is fine and steady somewhere between 700-750. I think its probably causing the air to not flow in correctly which is probably causing some hp loss which explains the low trap. Yeah he knows the 60ft isnt that good but how can that cause the trap to be low? I thought getting off the line doesnt affect the trap?

zappas- yeah were gonna go ahead and check the timing whenever i have some free time and try to figure out something with the tb, then go to the track this sunday or next sunday and ill tell you the results
maybe his piston rings are bad. Were did the broken peice go??
Old 04-15-2004, 06:58 PM
bOOsTiNb18b
Boost Freak

Originally Posted by superls92
maybe his piston rings are bad. Were did the broken peice go??
could be? no idea...he bought the swap like that. But anyways yeah we went to the track this pass weekend and he ran a 16.088 @ 86.35mph. 60ft. was 2.469..tire pressure was at 19psi. All i have to say is those tires SUCK...you would expect traction with only 19psi but it was still spinning some so that was the best he could pull. Anyways i decide to take look under the hood today...well his friend from honda that did the valve adjustment on his car left a ground wire jus hanging so i reconnected it to the back of the head. Also checked the timing..it was off at 14 degrees so i put it back to 16, then i also got some things from home depot and customed a velocity stack for his throttle body since it was chipped, so now its covering the missing V piece...the air flow should be better now. Replaced his bosch spark plugs with some ngks...used exhaust wrap on his intake to prevent heat soak...lastly tightened his throttle cable. We took it out for a ride...man it feels much better now..picks up quicker and doesnt bog under 2k no more. Gonna go to the track nex week so ill give you guys the results..
Old 04-15-2004, 08:34 PM
_burn_
nip it in the bud

_burn_ is an unknown quantity at this point

when it was hot out i ran a 14.5 on my old ls motor
Old 04-15-2004, 08:45 PM
bOOsTiNb18b
Boost Freak

Originally Posted by _burn_
when it was hot out i ran a 14.5 on my old ls motor
what car..what mods?
Old 04-15-2004, 09:09 PM
99blackcivicsi

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like it is 99% driver. What tranny are you running? if it is a LS junk that long POS and get a B16
Old 04-15-2004, 09:40 PM
bOOsTiNb18b
Boost Freak

Originally Posted by 99blackcivicsi
sounds like it is 99% driver. What tranny are you running? if it is a LS junk that long POS and get a B16
gsr tranny...i drove the car down the track too..best i could do was 16.1. so i dont think it is the driver cause i ran a 15.6 in my old 93 ls with jus a intake..
Old 04-15-2004, 11:33 PM
99blackcivicsi

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

tires? IMO B16 tranny is nicer than a GSR gearing wise
Old 04-16-2004, 08:05 AM
_burn_
nip it in the bud

_burn_ is an unknown quantity at this point

stock ls motor in a crx with ooollld tires on 14inch steelies
Old 04-16-2004, 08:07 AM
_burn_
nip it in the bud