Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Wreckless Driving ticket in Virginia Beach

Old 07-11-2004, 01:47 PM
gear
Die reinste Bösen.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Default Re: Wreckless Driving ticket in Virginia Beach

edit: this situation is different then most stupid ass recklesses...

My advice is to get a lawyer...thats a pretty complicated situation.
but if you didnt want to go that road... id say since you just got a new motor in, that your speedometer cable had been damaged during the install, and that was the problem. what a guy who i used to work with when he got a big ticket, was say that his cable was damaged, and brought in a receipt for a new one that he bought and said he installed...after it got thrown out, he took it back and got his money back. good luck...that kinda shit sucks

Last edited by gear; 07-11-2004 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:36 PM
wtgvr4me03

wtgvr4me03 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had thought about the speedometer issue. I would hate to have to try to go that route since I actually was not speeding for real. If I have to I will try that though.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:40 PM
kwth8n
Registered Member

kwth8n has disabled reputation

dude vbpd will throw you in jail for 1 mile over. whatever you do dont get smart with the cop or the judge you might have to just suck it up and plead it down to speeding. its better to admit to speeding that to be charged with reckless ive been this road a few times. a lawyer can do it for you but most judges will accept a speeding plea if you admit to say 65 at the most.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:45 PM
themacuser.org
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Go talk to a lawyer, but I personally wouldn't waste my money on the lawyer. You'll need it to pay the fines and the increased insurance costs, 'cause you're fucked.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:50 PM
wtgvr4me03

It would really bother me to admit to something that I did not do. I am going to look for a lawyer tomorrow and take things for there. I guess if that is the way the lawyer wants to go I will have to accept it.

Originally Posted by kwth8n
dude vbpd will throw you in jail for 1 mile over. whatever you do dont get smart with the cop or the judge you might have to just suck it up and plead it down to speeding. its better to admit to speeding that to be charged with reckless ive been this road a few times. a lawyer can do it for you but most judges will accept a speeding plea if you admit to say 65 at the most.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:22 PM
vbgsx
Try searching!

vbgsx has disabled reputation

Here's the deal.
1. They do not have to show you the radar.

2. Do not go in there and say your Speedo cable was broke, hence the 81 in a 55mph zone. The judge will laugh you out and then hammer you. I have personally seen a judge hammer someone and say....You can't tell the difference between 50 and 80. Thirty miles over the speed limit.......
81 in a 50 will usually get you a couple days in jail at the beach.

3. You're friend and you with the same attorney could work out if your friend is willing to go into court and say he was speeding, passed you but you were just driving normally. If he admits to what he did(getting you in trouble with him) he may gain some credibility with the judge. That will help you.
If he goes in there and denies speeding when he was, you'll get no sympathy from the judge and you'll probably go to jail.

So it comes down to how good of a friend is he. Is he willing to tell the truth or would he prefer to buy you a tube of KY since he and the judge will have their way with you!
Old 07-11-2004, 05:33 PM
wtgvr4me03

My friend has already said that he will be a witness on my behalf that I was driving normally. I am going to try to find a lawyer tomorrow. My friend has already asked about us getting the same lawyer for this since our cases are on the same date same time. I guess this sounds like the best chance I have at this point.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Reyke

Reyke has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by XCELR8
you broke the law, deal with it.

Advice:

Get a lawyer and a tube of KY

hmm how did he break the law he stated in his post that he was going the speed limit and his friend did a fly-by on him, so again I ask you how did he break the law, you sir are a very poor person to submit a post when you didn't even bother to read the initial, deal with that
Old 07-11-2004, 05:45 PM
wtgvr4me03

Originally Posted by Reyke
hmm how did he break the law he stated in his post that he was going the speed limit and his friend did a fly-by on him, so again I ask you how did he break the law, you sir are a very poor person to submit a post when you didn't even bother to read the initial, deal with that

exactly!
Old 07-11-2004, 05:51 PM
VT Prix GT 2006
Motor Trend Mechanic

VT Prix GT 2006 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ouch man, very rare that a legitmate case of legal BS gets thrown around the forums. I hear nasty nasty things about the cops and judges in VB since they take these things very seriously. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Wreckless Driving ticket in Virginia Beach