Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Creeds Airstrip: Track Planning

Old 04-18-2005, 03:05 PM
C MY 4D
Simple Bolt Ons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Creeds Airstrip: Track Planning

scca requires both parents to sign a waiver for minors once a year..... try getting on http://www.autocross.us/forum/portal.php . if this is more than just talk i am sure the local autox clubs may be willing to help
Old 04-18-2005, 03:39 PM
roadrcr82
Registered Member

roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82

i understand that you can make the 300k back but im not sure if anyone is gonna sponser for that much. dont forget thats up for paving alone. not the cost of any other construction which could include lights. seating areas, restrooms, and whatever else would be needed. you also have to look at the cost to mantail the strip. your gonna need things to clean the track when people break, i know your gonna want a tree and time boards. i think it would be awesome to get a track started down here cause im sure it would be very popular. you also need to look at curfews for noise and what not because i know some tracks have to be shut down by a certian time at night because of noise issues. i mean your lookin at close to 500k if not a little more to get it up and running. if you can find some sponsers to pay up that kinda cash then that would be great. the biggest thing i would recommend is figure out a way to rate the demand for a track. if iwas planing on spending 500k for someones track i would want to make my money back plus some. the only way for me to really know what im getting out of the track is to know what the demand for the track is cause i wouldnt want to throw 500k into it and just have it be a hangout spot and not make anything off of it. these are all just my opinions but all opinions help. im an electrician so if this does go down i could always do the electrical work for you. obviously theres a price involved but it would be alot better then hiring somone
Old 04-18-2005, 04:03 PM
slimb
slowest member

slimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these partsslimb is infamous around these parts

only a suggestion in the long run!! i know this is about a drag strip and the big problem is money/sponsers but if you want more people to make more money with any extra room put in a little mud pit or something for 4x4's theres alot around and all you really need is a bulldozer or something to flatten it out some. Or on some of the days mud bogg's lots of rednecks witch equal money. if this ever gets started just though i would say. i always thought it would be cool to have cars racing and big trucks digging in the background but what do i know
Old 04-18-2005, 04:09 PM
00civic23
Registered Member

00civic23 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by drive
wow i think he might shat himself when he sees this one lol

sure ill do it, lol... in all honesty, concrete would be too expensive. $600,000 just for the concrete at 30ft.x 2.8miles . Ill be nice and say labor would only be equal to concrete as far as price goes.... 1.2 million. I dont deal with asphalt but i know its way cheaper. Roundtree construction, and Basic Construction are both contractors that will do jobs this big. I know a couple people with roundtree so ill ask them tomorrow if they could do something like this. thanks for keeping me in mind though
Old 04-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Tarzan Bakerada
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by slimb
only a suggestion in the long run!! i know this is about a drag strip and the big problem is money/sponsers but if you want more people to make more money with any extra room put in a little mud pit or something for 4x4's theres alot around and all you really need is a bulldozer or something to flatten it out some. Or on some of the days mud bogg's lots of rednecks witch equal money. if this ever gets started just though i would say. i always thought it would be cool to have cars racing and big trucks digging in the background but what do i know

this is a very good idea and very cheap way of making money, they pay there fee get dirty, have fun and leave. It would be easy to set up a trail through the woods or something, my friends dad owns a CAT (little bulldozer) and im sure he wouldnt mind digging some holes and hills for cheap. Then u just let mother nature fill them with water and you've got yourself a hit!
Old 04-18-2005, 04:50 PM
shawn22
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Suggestion....That really isnt enough shut down area for a full 1/4 mile track. Usual safe distance for a shutdown area is twice the actual track length, or for a 1/4 mile track, 1/2 a mile of shutdown. What's gonna happen when a 120+mph trap car loses its brakes, even if its only partially?

Other than that i dont see too many problems with the plan. Of course, the money and the politics are what will make it fail or succeed.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:59 PM
C MY 4D
Simple Bolt Ons

C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts

well if you go for 4x4 too...... i suggest have 2 entrances. i don't want to drive thru 6 inches of mud that has fell off of trucks, right before i put my car on the track
Old 04-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Tarzan Bakerada
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by C MY 4D
well if you go for 4x4 too...... i suggest have 2 entrances. i don't want to drive thru 6 inches of mud that has fell off of trucks, right before i put my car on the track

haha i was thinking about that.

and about the area not having enof shut down area, if there is gonna be a serious proublem with that we can always take it down to a 1/8th mile course, stil better than nothing and would be somewhat cheaper. You can always extend it.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:02 PM
themacuser.org
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Anyone who is taking this seriosly needs to check their bank account.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:02 PM
roadrcr82
Registered Member

roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82

1/2 mile shutdown area? MIR doesnt have half a half mile shut down area. if you want sponsership i would highly recommend getting an asfault contractor to possibly sponser you since that is your biggest expense. but yeah unless this would be a state owned track whitch i highly doubt the state would put that in there budget. Your gonna need some serious sponsership. it would almost be better to pitch the idea and location to a company and see if they take it anywhere.

Quick Reply: Creeds Airstrip: Track Planning