Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Can anyone help?

Old 04-22-2005, 09:57 AM
05celicaGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05celicaGT has disabled reputation
Default Re: Can anyone help?

Originally Posted by JerseyV
Protech tubular turbo manifold, T3/T4 or GT2871R, Tial external 38mm(maybe?)wastegate, walbro 255lph fuel pump, 370cc injectors, fuel pressure regulator, Garret Intercooler, goto a muffler shop to get the intercooler piping and 3inch exhaust or just order a pre made intercooler kit/turbo back, blow off valve(atmospheric or recirculating... not sure how the MAFs are on celica), oil feed and return lines with fittings and a bung for the oil pan, stand alone or E manage, dyno time with proper tuning, boost gauge, exhaust temp gauge. I think thats it i may be forgetting a few things, but if you search you'll find this stuff for pretty cheap and be pretty happy

As for install

Millenium Autosports
Tuners Edge

they'd even put the kit together for you, but they'll rape you up the ass in parts and labor.. there are some other shops, I just don't know em cuz I dont use em , when the time comes and you have all your pieces im sure someone will help you
Thanks, I think Im gonna find those parts you suggested and find someone to install them, because changing the whole transmission seems to be to much of a messy job. Once I have all this finished, do you think I stand a chance to beat some people..like some civics, preludes, and a few other cars that are kinda up there?
Old 04-22-2005, 10:02 AM
05celicaGT

05celicaGT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bigd0915
just drive the muthafuckin car and be thankful you have a set of wheels that is reliable... and you didnt have to pay for them..

once you learn about cars then you can start modding them how YOU want them to be done.... dont come in here and ask how everyone else wants your car.
Im just getting some advice, doesnt necessarily mean Im going to follow everything I hear. Thats what Im trying to do now, learn MORE about modding my car how I want it. Thanks for your concern.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:03 AM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by 05celicaGT
Thanks, I think Im gonna find those parts you suggested and find someone to install them, because changing the whole transmission seems to be to much of a messy job. Once I have all this finished, do you think I stand a chance to beat some people..like some civics, preludes, and a few other cars that are kinda up there?

You better do some of your own research before just buying parts someone suggest to you... Try http://www.newcelica.org/forums/ and read everything you can under the forced induction section. Ask questions, make sure you understand the theories, and talk to some local shops. This isn’t something you just jump head first into without understanding all you can first.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Hoopride2000
Maria Giovanna Bella

Hoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these partsHoopride2000 is infamous around these parts

25k? Sounds like you got ripped off, especially for a GT, sure it isnt a GT-S or maybe you should knock 6k off that price.

Best mod is the driver, learn your car first. Drive it around before modding it and get a feel for it. Once you do that you can then decide what you dont like about it. That's a lot of money to throw around and just start changin parts on it.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:29 AM
DeepFreeze
Registered Member

DeepFreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay. ill sum up:

If you can take it back and get a GT-S manual- do so.

if not- moving on.

Learn the car. take it to one or two AutoX days on sunday- in pungo- info in newspaper for friday.

learn the vehicle- its nuances- and if it makes ya happy. remember. after a certain point, modding is going to make the car less reliable- as of now. youll be fine with intake, header back exhaust and a suspension system. none of these will inheirently comp. the car. but allow you to have fun.

there is nothing wrong with asking for MOD ideas. ask till your hearts content. then research- decide what you want.

Welcome to DragVA.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:34 AM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DeepFreeze
Welcome to DragVA.
Indeed. Prepare to be leghumped, flamed, asked for pictures and leghumped some more.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:55 AM
DeepFreeze
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blaxican25
Indeed. Prepare to be leghumped, flamed, asked for pictures and leghumped some more.
with this being said, 05Celica, can I get a pic or two?
Old 04-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Gumbal
Exhale

Gumbal Gumbal Gumbal Gumbal Gumbal Gumbal

Damnit, you beat me too it..but seriously..no more advice till we get some pics..
Old 04-22-2005, 11:06 AM
DeepFreeze
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 05celicaGT
Im just getting some advice, doesnt necessarily mean Im going to follow everything I hear. Thats what Im trying to do now, learn MORE about modding my car how I want it. Thanks for your concern.

PICS or BAN

Old 04-22-2005, 11:32 AM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DeepFreeze
PICS or BAN

It was mildly amusing the first time, now it's stupid.