Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

all motor question....0psi

Old 10-05-2003, 10:09 AM
Slimsta Jimsta
Eat me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

tony, i'm glad to see your staying in the game..
um, lightweight flywheel, good clutch, port polish, usual i/h/e, cams, cam gears, underdrive pulleys(i think i may have called them the wrong thing). alot of weight reduction
Old 10-05-2003, 10:10 AM
PWRVTEC
Venuto Ottenga Alcun

PWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to behold

Head work is a key in all motor setups for sure. I would say you need a good 2.0L setup with headwork around 12:1 or more, cams and a skunk2 or ITR manifold, good header like you mentioned and tuning. I will say on the ITB's the Hondata will not work. I had way too many problems.

Hit me if you want more specifics..
Old 10-05-2003, 08:30 PM
yeer
aznRay...

yeer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MI4nKuwait
all motor set up right here..i need you guys input, before i start buying shit.... goal is 225whp all motor

pistons and rods....i wanna run high compression somewhere like 12:5 or 13:1...

1.question...can 93 handle that with hondata tunning??
2. best piston and rod combo

ITR tranny
skunk2 stage 2 cams and cam gears

1. been seraching honda-tech all motor board and see some good gains with teh stage 2s, any other suggestions?

dont want to bore out motor..if i did i would just get a b20 block, trying to stay 1.8L, but if i decided too which crank could i put in to bore it out?

Victor X intake manifold....i had it on my old teg and that bitch pulls at high RPMs for real, would hurt...depending on how much money i have left....some ITBs, now speakin on ITBs how hard are they to tune.

of course valve springs and retainers redline at 9200..just incase i decide to get some big cams also...

header would be hytech, SMS, or headertech..still researching...

anything else im missing??
sounds like a nice setup, my motor is getting rebuilt as we speak.
but 225whp is going to be kinda hard without bigger bore or any headwork. 12:5-13:1 is kinda high for 93 but i guess it depends on tuning, ill be running 11:5:1-11:8:1 depending if i want to use the stock or spoon headgasket. good gains are right with skunk2 stage 2 but Jun stage 3 is also very good with stock like idle, ill be running those also. no need for victor x IM, just stick with your ITR IM. header is a good choice, hytech and smsp have better clearance than header-tech. also u might want to look into DTR FAB header very similar to smsp header. im running their stainless steel verison with testpipe, which is amazing quailty and clearance is damn good.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:02 AM
MI4nKuwait
My President's black

MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait MI4nKuwait

well what about a b20 bottom end then with a ITR head, well i dont think it would matter..

B20 B16 head resleeved...im tired...i cant wait to get my loot
Old 10-06-2003, 06:29 AM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

all motor is not a joke...its an expensive game, you can have a much faster boosting car with the money your goin to spend to have a 12 sec n/a ..but after riding in some n/a cars i like them..but the main thing you need for n/a is big bore and make sure you get your head P&P...more air flow the better it will be...try to get like smsp or erick's racing header's there longer header's with good air flow...with cams i say jun stage 3's, skunk stage 3's or toda spec c's..june stage 3's i hear really good reviews on them, and there suppose to produce good power.also run hondata and i say you should let steve sakai tune it =)