Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I need of a job

Old 07-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Spindrift
psycho jungle cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: I need of a job

Originally Posted by Reloaded
I'm pretty sure you have to have a felony conviction and meth addiction to do lawn care work past the age of 16.
that IS a little known fact. Unless your brown...Then you're automatically given the job.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:14 PM
00civichatch
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

Originally Posted by Reloaded
I'm pretty sure you have to have a felony conviction and meth addiction to do lawn care work past the age of 16.
See. . .

I'm not the only person that feels a job of this nature is not a positive move under normal circumstances.

Last edited by 00civichatch; 07-22-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Spindrift
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by 00civichatch
See. . .

I'm not the only person that feels a job of this nature is not a positive move under normal circumstances.
Doesnt have to be a career, im sure most employees of landscaping companies aren't doing it for life unless they are the owners. ALOT of people are inbetween jobs and wouldn't mind lawn work to keep paychecks coming, which sounds like where he's at. While he is doing(hell any "high school" job), he can be going to school/making money while many others are sitting around sending in resumes with their fingers crossed.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:39 PM
sumospeed.com
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

I was a foreman doing landscaping for 3 years when I was younger. It's back breaking hard work. And I agree with you that there are people who can make it into a business..

But, those people don't normally come on dragva asking for a job. I was hoping to steer the OP in a better more productive direction.

That's all i was getting at. However, I do agree with your comment as far as him coming here for job advice.

At the same time as Jake (spindrift) said, he may just be between jobs right now but that doesn't change the fact that the bills HAVE to get paid. It's not like you can just tell your bill collectors, "well i think I'm just going to go to school and not work for the time being, so ill just get back to you".
Old 07-22-2009, 06:56 PM
all4sr's
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

Originally Posted by 00civichatch
Lawn care/ Landscaping is for 16 year olds and drug addicts. Everyone knows it's not a viable career or path to a real job. Don't waste your time. There are other jobs out there.
udumb= -rep.....