Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone in Roanoke with a suppressor?

Old 01-09-2007, 01:44 PM
D1g1tal V3n0m
Slowbra Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D1g1tal V3n0m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Roanoke with a suppressor?

So I am looking to buy a suppressor for my AR-15 and one for my .308 precision bolt rifle. I was wondering if there is anyone in the area who has a rifle with a suppressor so that I can test out the different companies and their suppressors.

I am trying to get an idea of how well different brand cans "silence" the muzzle blast from both supersonic ammo and subsonic ammo.

So does anybody around here have a supressor on their rifle(s) that I can test/hear?
Old 01-09-2007, 02:28 PM
Heiss M3
Capitalist Pig

Heiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the roughHeiss M3 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone in Roanoke with a suppressor?

What do you plan on doing with this 'suppressor' besides test them out and make your assault and sniper rifle quieter...

No worries - i know where your comming from, i've got an AK and damn I wish I could make that thing quieter!!
Old 01-09-2007, 03:30 PM
D1g1tal V3n0m
Slowbra Driver

D1g1tal V3n0m is an unknown quantity at this point

I shoot on my land at home and rather then annoy my neighbors with a 165Db muzzle blast I'd like to quiet it down so the only thing you hear is the ballistics crack as the bullet breaks the sound barrier and the noise from the rifle's action itself plus the little bit from the upper receiver. It would also help with any recoil so I could see my long distance shots hi through the scope.

I am into trageting shooting and long distance shooting so a silencer will actually help alot plus my neighbors will be happier too.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:28 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Heiss M3
What do you plan on doing with this 'suppressor' besides test them out and make your assault and sniper rifle quieter...

No worries - i know where your comming from, i've got an AK and damn I wish I could make that thing quieter!!
Geez so judgmental!

Actually his "assault rifle" is a varmint/range rifle that he built, not some bubba special "Swat" trash...

His remington 700 is also very nice.
Old 01-12-2007, 05:58 AM
DeFunk
︻╦╤─

DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk

Something like this?:

It's a GemTech HALO Fast Attach Supressor.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:46 AM
12th and Hyde
Registered Member

12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde 12th and Hyde

how did you get that
Old 01-14-2007, 02:46 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by theblueflash
how did you get that
He probably bought it