Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

clutch stuck on the floor

Old 03-25-2006, 06:34 PM
hey its me
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey its me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default clutch stuck on the floor

u need help i just replaced my clutch master cylinder and its all installed and all i have to do now is bleed it and ive beeen bleedin it for 2 hours and its still not workin. does anyone here knows what to do? my car is a nissan 240sx
Old 03-25-2006, 06:51 PM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: clutch stuck on the floor

Clutch adjusted? or wait........dengit....its hydro..not familar with them..sorryt for wasting your time. and your Dragname....is simple btw.! Haha
Old 03-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Hatch Man(GsR)
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

Check your slave cylinder to make sure it is not leaking. Is the master cylinder you put on actually new? Or did you get it from the junk yard?

When you open the bleeder valve does fluid come out?
Top up the fluid, and keep pumpin the clutch until you get some kind of pressure...
Old 03-26-2006, 01:49 AM
hey its me
Registered Member

hey its me is an unknown quantity at this point

yup brand new from autozone well i looked underneath my car and theres no bleeding but when my brother was puming the clutch pedal the fork wasnt moving but same ting was happening earlier so i pumped it myself and then i ran out of fluid btw do i need to give the rod ad the clutch pedal alil bit longer so there some kind of push forward?
Old 03-26-2006, 03:55 AM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Why did you replace your master cylinder?

He pressed on the clutch pedal but the fork didn't move? Dumb question, but did you make sure you reinstalled the cotter pin that connects the clutch pedal to the master cylinder?
Old 03-26-2006, 03:05 PM
MGBRaceman
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

I've bled the clutch system on the S13 chassis before, very time consuming. Remember that the best way to bleed these cars is a two man team. Remember to push the pedal with the bleed valve open, and then close the bleed valve before the pedal is released, or air will be pulled back into the system. Otherwise, you may need it pressure bled.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:30 PM
RoTarY13BT
Registered Member

RoTarY13BT is an unknown quantity at this point

is your slave cylinder installed correctly to the clutch fork..if not it will go to the floor every time
Old 03-29-2006, 09:36 AM
ScrewD03
Slowest 240 EVER

ScrewD03 ScrewD03 ScrewD03 ScrewD03 ScrewD03 ScrewD03

On 240 I had the problem before also... On 240 they have this line under the vehicle some kind of recirculating box or some sort possibly air got stuck there...
Old 03-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Carter
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

do yourself a favor and get rid of that box. they have stainless lines that eliminate the recirc box. makes it 10 times easier to bleed the system.

I'm confused as to whether fluid is coming out of the clutch lines or not, and if you have properly bled the system.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:46 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MGBRaceman
I've bled the clutch system on the S13 chassis before, very time consuming. Remember that the best way to bleed these cars is a two man team. Remember to push the pedal with the bleed valve open, and then close the bleed valve before the pedal is released, or air will be pulled back into the system. Otherwise, you may need it pressure bled.
bingo