Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Daycare recommendation near Lynhaven Mall area?

Old 06-09-2009, 07:15 AM
professorman
yard man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
professorman has disabled reputation
Default Daycare recommendation near Lynhaven Mall area?

I am looking for a daycare that TEACHES the kids in the Lynhaven Mall area in Va Beach that stays open until 7pm. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I have been looking for a new daycare for my 3 year old for some time now. I do not know anyone down there so I can not get any reviews on the places down there. My daughter lives with her mom in VB, and I live in Hampton.

The problem is that her mom gets off work at about 6:30 - 7, so she needs a place that stays open until 7pm, and the closer to her job, the easier it is for her to reach. She works close to Lynhaven Mall area.

My daughter used to go to KinderCare daycare, and I LOVED it. They used to teach her a lot and I would be amazed at how much more she knows every weekend when I see her. Her mom got a new job which she needed somewhere that could keep her later than that. Her mom found Kimbie's Playworld, but when I went there, its great if you want your kids to play all day long, but education is THE MOST important thing to me. After talking to the teachers, the teacher says that they learn one day per week for 1 hr in the morning at 9am. The learn some shapes and each others names. I am pissed the longer and longer she stays there, because her brain is becoming lazy and the things she knew before, she is forgetting now, because it is not being re-enforced. Every week, I have to teach her the same thing over and over, because she is not learning anything there and keep forgetting because she is not building her brain power at daycare. It has been a futile effort to get her mom to teach her, so I have given up on that.

Please give me some recommendations. I have been searching on the internet, but I don't get enough reviews of the places down there, so I prefer recommendations. I want my daughter to be AHEAD of the class at every education level she is, so education is VERY important to me. My mom is a teacher/principal, so I grew up learning everyday. I want the same for my daughter.

Last edited by professorman; 06-09-2009 at 07:17 AM.