Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2g dsm boost creep

Old 06-28-2006, 07:03 PM
jpick_aap_cpp
CPL Us Army

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation
Default 2g dsm boost creep

i was told by porting the o2 sensor housing and the exhaust manifold this would cure boost creep? is it true?

i have a 2g ported exhaust manifold already that im waiting on putting out how hard is it to port the o2 sensor housing myself?

thanks in advanced
Old 06-28-2006, 07:22 PM
sohc_mshue
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue
Default Re: 2g dsm boost creep

It shouldn't be hard. Just dremel out the wastegate hole a little larger.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:46 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

it would take you all year to do with a dremel. Get someone with a die grinder to do it.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:48 PM
SlammedScort
R.I.P B.K.H & K.D.A.

SlammedScort has disabled reputation

It can help but wont ness. cure it. I had to resort to an ext. w/g to stop mine.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:54 PM
jpick_aap_cpp
CPL Us Army

all this for a damn 14b turbo wtf! i could understand if i was going to be making over 300whp off this turbo but shit. thanks for the heads up dave and every1. guess i'll look out for a die grinder or someone willing to trade str8... a 2g housing(uncracked) for a ported one plus a few bucks.

my exhaust manifold was done by sbr soo i kno that port job is decent
Old 06-30-2006, 12:59 AM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Jason (Josh's brother) has a grinder I think, he might be willing to do it for a few bucks, I'm not sure if his compressor is powerful enough to run the grinder for repeated use like porting though. I'll ask him, or you can, he is usually out on saturday nights.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:12 AM
jpick_aap_cpp
CPL Us Army

ah i was talkin to josh last nite and didnt even think about asking him lol. thanks for the look out dave. i think the bottom of my o2 housing is cracked... well i dont think but right below the o2 sensor itself theres a huge chip missing from the housing lol. wtf! im fallin apart so i might just have to find some cash to get joshs evo III o2 housing for $150.

thanks again
Old 07-03-2006, 05:25 AM
GSXRATED
BAMF

GSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to all

Man, how are you creeping on a 14b Jeremy? I'll sell ya an Evo3 O2 housing for a good deal $149.99 :P
Old 07-03-2006, 06:10 AM
sethmo
Registered Member

sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo

What exhaust setup do you have? A 14b shouldnt really creep but 1 or 2psi, are you running stock exhaust? An Evo3 o2 housing will have a 3" outlet so you will need a 3" downpipe.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:46 AM
jpick_aap_cpp
CPL Us Army

thanks alot fucker! nah im good i'll just have to port. til then its at 13psi so when i shift highest i hit is 19psi.. which is still to much on my stock fuel but is safer than 23psi and shit. plus i dont get on it much anymore cause i know what i need and i hate that feeling of fuel cut haha.

seth im running 3" megan racing downpipe no cat, 3" custom exhaust, w/ a 3" magnaflow muffler

i have a ported exhaust manifold to replace my cracked stock 2g manifold. but im going to wait to save up for a ported o2 housing(2g) to put them on at the same time. also i was told the evo III need some modification to make it work. so i don treally wanna mess with that.

all this for a 14b i know. fuckin insane.. w/e tho. i dont want to spend to much on gettin it fixed though cause i plan on building a fresh motor and going all out starting in the winter. just wanted to mess around w/ the 14b til then.

only things im looking at getting for this setup, besides to get rid of the creep would be:

fuel pump 255
aeromotive fpr
something to log and tune w/ ( mof-pro?)
a set of evo 8 injectors (560cc)
fmic