Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

LS/Vtec wiring question?

Old 02-13-2011, 12:58 PM
ttali211
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ttali211 has disabled reputation
Default LS/Vtec wiring question?

Alright I have a obd2 ls/vtec motor that im about to put in my 94 eg sedan (lx). Motor has obd2 wire harness on it. What i wanna know is can i use the what comes on the motor and run the jumper harness to the ecu.. i will be running a tuned p28 (obd1). Will there be any additional wires that will have to be ran?

Also, I did try searching for this b4 I posted, so if this has been covered, get over it and just help me out...thx
Old 02-13-2011, 03:02 PM
sleepencivic
Registered member

sleepencivic has disabled reputation
Default Re: LS/Vtec wiring question?

use the harness on your car now, that way you can use the obd1 computer and injectors. You can use the OBD2 distributor and modify the plug to work with the obd1 harness and computer.You will have to wire the car for vtec and I believe a different o2 sensor. Shit you can take the car to me and I will wire it for 200 if you buy the parts. Make sure you use the proper gauge wire for any wires you add.

dave
Old 02-13-2011, 05:09 PM
Nunyabidness
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness

Originally Posted by ttali211
Alright I have a obd2 ls/vtec motor that im about to put in my 94 eg sedan (lx). Motor has obd2 wire harness on it. What i wanna know is can i use the what comes on the motor and run the jumper harness to the ecu.. i will be running a tuned p28 (obd1). Will there be any additional wires that will have to be ran?

Also, I did try searching for this b4 I posted, so if this has been covered, get over it and just help me out...thx
Did you try to ???? Because I typed in this, no lie, copy and paste->"wiring vtec on obd1 non vtec car"
and came up with this->http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=73241
Go down about half way. It'll say 'wiring vtec' or something like that. Don't get caught up in the ecu pin-outs and all that. Scroll down half way.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:06 PM
ttali211
Registered member

Originally Posted by Nunyabidness
Did you try to ???? Because I typed in this, no lie, copy and paste->"wiring vtec on obd1 non vtec car"
and came up with this->http://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=73241
Go down about half way. It'll say 'wiring vtec' or something like that. Don't get caught up in the ecu pin-outs and all that. Scroll down half way.
Im not Looking for info on how to wire myself, I was simply asking what type of jumper harness could I use to just plug and play....
Old 02-14-2011, 02:08 PM
ttali211
Registered member

why, if I have a obd2 engine (distributor/harness) going into the my obd1 car can I just not purchase a obd2-obd1 jumper and call it a day...would rather spend $50 for harness then $200 to have someone rewire car...But if it has to be done then I will keep you in mind but $200 a litlle much tho...especially cuz I can buy the vtec subharness thats plug and play for $40...just saying tho
Old 02-14-2011, 02:26 PM
Nunyabidness
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness

Using an obd2 or obd1 engine doesn't really matter. Whenever you're doing a motor swap, it comes down to the ecu. Your car is setup for obd1. Use your stock harness and add a few wires. Not hard. Look over the link I posted again before paying anybody. It's pretty easy.