Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

I've got great news!

Old 05-15-2005, 09:10 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: I've got great news!

Originally Posted by myclone
FWIW Im with Rockingham Mutual right now. I have 3 cars insured, home owners ins (replacement value), life insurance (yeah, Im worth more dead just dont tell the wife), married Sept of last year, 36yrs old as of March 05, last ticket I got was 76 in a 65 zone (I-81) around 1997, one accident where I tapped a jeep in the rear end which bent his bumper (~$250 claim) several years ago, credit beacon(sp?) of 780 last time I checked which was last summer, no bankruptcy/bad debt/etc (I pay my bills as required basically and dont have astronomical dept to income ratio).

I inquired with my agent how much my auto ins would drop since I got married and she informed me it will go up since I would be adding my wife which I informed her that I wasnt adding my wife to my policy as she has her own vehicles and carries her own ins. The agent said my auto rates will stay the same no matter if Im married or not in that case. Since my agent is pretty much a snotty, haggy, old battle axe the conversation ended there.

Ive entertained the thought of calling State Farm, Allstate, etc but my rates arent too awfully bad right now IMO considering the value of the vehicles I have, replacement value I have on the house and contents, etc so I really havent bothered with it much. Last I remember my auto ins alone is about 900 bucks a year for my dually, Syclone, and beater 4wd. That might be a decent rate or it might not but I can tell you its NEVER went down unless I got rid of a vehicle which would mean an obvious decrease IMO.
Understandable that you're sticking with them for routine, basically, but I really think you should shop around and see what other companies can offer you. Unless there's something you're not telling me, your rates should DEFINITELY be going down... It doesn't necessarily sound like you have ridiculous rates, but the fact in itself that your rates are going up continuously is what concerns me. Have you ever had a lapse in coverage? How long have you been with this company and was there any point in time where you were without insurance? A lapse can become very costly in the long run, but I have a feeling that's not even an issue in this case.

Find a better agent bro. My agent is a friend of my dads (I believe from military days) but he's a really cool guy that I really don't know very well, but would carry on a relaxed conversation with me where I don't feel uncomfortable shooting the shit with him. I think that's important. They get rich off of you, so they ought to treat you like you deserve to be treated.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:12 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by fine_gxe
Ok, so you are older by a few months....but I thought you were like 23....lol! If you want to buy me a drink... I might be able to do that!
You thought I was 23? Why is that, if I might ask? My outstanding level of maturity? ...or my boyish good looks? Hahahaha
Old 05-15-2005, 02:19 PM
myclone
Registered Member

myclone has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
Understandable that you're sticking with them for routine, basically, but I really think you should shop around and see what other companies can offer you. Unless there's something you're not telling me, your rates should DEFINITELY be going down... It doesn't necessarily sound like you have ridiculous rates, but the fact in itself that your rates are going up continuously is what concerns me. Have you ever had a lapse in coverage? How long have you been with this company and was there any point in time where you were without insurance? A lapse can become very costly in the long run, but I have a feeling that's not even an issue in this case.

Find a better agent bro. My agent is a friend of my dads (I believe from military days) but he's a really cool guy that I really don't know very well, but would carry on a relaxed conversation with me where I don't feel uncomfortable shooting the shit with him. I think that's important. They get rich off of you, so they ought to treat you like you deserve to be treated.
Thanks for the info and I might just make some phone calls next week to see what kind of money I can possibly save especially since that money tree thing just isnt working out for me . BTW, Ive never ever had a lapse in auto ins coverage in my life so thats not a factor IMO and Ive been with Rockingham for about 6yrs now (prolly closer to 7 actually).

The only thing I can think of right off is that back around 91 or 92 I got a DUI (I know....but I was young as well as stupid) but that little hiccup doesnt show up on my DMV record at all since I get a copy of it every few years just for the heck of it. Other than that any tickets Ive gotten were for stuff like not wearing a seat belt (raised my rates $50/yr), head light out ("safety hazard" and rates went up another $50/yr), ect. Thats about it since I havent had any accidents other than that whiney wieners jeep I rear ended bending the bumper .

Id actually pay a couple bucks extra for the chance to tell that snotty hag of an agent to take a flyin leap anyways and thanks again for the info.

Last edited by myclone; 05-15-2005 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:09 AM
fine_gxe
Registered Member

fine_gxe has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
You thought I was 23? Why is that, if I might ask? My outstanding level of maturity? ...or my boyish good looks? Hahahaha
Wow! you are crazy! i dont really think it was your "maturity level" or your "good" looks.... i just assumed!
Old 05-16-2005, 09:33 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by fine_gxe
Wow! you are crazy! i dont really think it was your "maturity level" or your "good" looks.... i just assumed!
That's ice COLDDDDDDDDD!