Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Aftermarket Rearsets Question

Old 04-20-2007 | 04:49 AM
octane
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane
Default Re: Aftermarket Rearsets Question

I might have a pair of folding pegs in my box o' crap. I'll try to dig it out this weekend and see if I have a matched pair.
Old 04-20-2007 | 05:22 AM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by octane
I might have a pair of folding pegs in my box o' crap. I'll try to dig it out this weekend and see if I have a matched pair.

i was more referring to aftermarket rearseats with folding pegs. something to get the peg a lil higher/farther back while not losing the folding pegs. most aftermarket rearsets are solid mounted.
Old 04-20-2007 | 05:50 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i can't think that i've ever seen such a thing... only thing i can think you could do is get rear set brackets to move your stock stuff up and back
Old 04-20-2007 | 06:43 AM
Armenian
CLUTCH IT UP

Armenian has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
they also sell brake bolts with sensors built in that should work, but like others have mentioned i just rigged a bracket on to work like the stock set up

Thats called a "pressure switch"

Theres no point in ghetto rigging a brake light when all u have to do is buy a pressure switch. I got those on my Supermoto.
Old 04-20-2007 | 07:15 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

Thats right, the term was on the tip of my tongue, I knew it was something obvious but just couldn't think of it.

Yea but my bracket was free, and literally took maybe 15 seconds to modify(bend) and bolt on and works just like stock, getting a switch means ordering, waiting a week, paying for it, and then bleeding the brakes.
Old 04-20-2007 | 12:49 PM
octane
Free Time

octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane octane

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
i was more referring to aftermarket rearseats with folding pegs. something to get the peg a lil higher/farther back while not losing the folding pegs. most aftermarket rearsets are solid mounted.
Gotcha. My CFM rearsets on the GS (meant for a 900RR) have solid pegs, but they're bolted on, so I could swap some folding pegs in if I wanted to.
Old 04-20-2007 | 10:48 PM
onepointone
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

i dont believe ive ever seen a folding aftermarket rearset as well.

another feature to getting rearsets aside from getting your feet mounted higher, is that in the event of a crash, they dont break off and act as another 'frame' slider.

i hit my aftermarket rearsets at road atlanta a few times. all im going to do to fix the problem is grind the pegs at 45*.

most people would just tell you to get off the bike more and use less lean angle though.
Old 04-21-2007 | 05:58 AM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by onepointone

most people would just tell you to get off the bike more and use less lean angle though.
har har har.

the only time i had an issue with it was at the south course of vir on that higher speed uphill turn at the back of the track that's banked the wrong way. never had an issue on any other bike besides the sv though.
Old 04-21-2007 | 06:17 AM
onepointone
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

har har har.

the only time i had an issue with it was at the south course of vir on that higher speed uphill turn at the back of the track that's banked the wrong way. never had an issue on any other bike besides the sv though.
haha, just messing with you man.

when i ran the south course i was having trouble getting my toes off the ground in turn 1/2. i was on the stock rearsets at the time and i ended up having to stuff my toes in the corner of the rearset to keep the toes up instead of the balls of my feet on the edge of the peg.

i bought the rearsets and ended up having the same problem at road atlanta. not to show off pictures, but you can see my toes hanging out pretty bad here. i ended up going through two toe sliders on my right boot. i started putting my toes in the corners again and i started scraping the pegs in turn 7.