Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Rebuilding CV Joints/Axles?

Old 12-08-2005, 08:47 AM
euro sport
I wupped Batmans ass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
euro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to alleuro sport is a name known to all
Default Rebuilding CV Joints/Axles?

My parents own a '99 Volvo V70 2WD 2.5L non-turbo station wagon. The left front axle has leaked all available grease all over the inside wheel well and the cv-joint clicks like a tap dancer on crack.

I tried Bap Geon, Advanced, AutoZone, PepBoys... but nobody carries it and it is not available for order. I checked online at various websites (like FPGroton) and nobody seems to carry it either. The only place I've been able to find is the local dealership, and they want $450 for the part alone (ludicrous).

Does anyone know of a local shop that may be able to rebuild the outer CV joint/axle?
Old 12-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Rebuilding CV Joints/Axles?

You can rebuild them yourself... It's a PITA though, personally I just replace the whole axle, of course with a Volvo, that is unfortunately significantly more exspensive than a Honda.

Talk to the parts stores, they might sell rebuild kits. They should be fairly cost effective.
Old 12-14-2005, 11:11 AM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rebuilding CV Joints/Axles?

Hit up my shop CARMASTERs........ill see if i can work anything out..456-0722